i am fat

Soldato
Drink more water
Cut out the crap food and drink (the obvious stuff at least)
Go to the gym, start off with cardio mainly I imagine would be the best start
Eat plenty of fruit and veg and stuff

It should be pretty simply, but I know all too well that it's not.

Alternatively, have a girl break your heart and you'll lose your appetite to the point where the weight will just fall off. Of course you'll be ****ing miserable at the same time, but hey, you can't have everything.

Man of Honour
My number one tip would be - don't be put off by those around you. Many start going to the gym and feel intimidated. If you don't keep going, you will never improve.

Also, find what works for you - I set out goals that encourage me to keep exercising - if you do it for the wrong reasons you will just stop doing it.

Man of Honour
There's no ideal weight really. But I'd suggest unless you're built like a brick outhouse that you are somewhat on the slightly plump side of things.

Review your diet, start doing some exercise (don't go balls out initially, just take it nice and slow), and try and cut out temptation of snacking on sugary and refined foods, and fizzy drinks.

Good luck and well done for doing something about it. It's not easy, but I'm sure with a little determination you'll achieve what you want. :)

Soldato
- use a smaller plate
- eat more often but less and better (for example 1/4 to 1/2 a grilled chicken and salad opposed to pasta bake).
Instead of 3 big meals have 5 small ones every few hrs
If you want to start simple;
Protein = good, you just crap out the excess
Carbs = bad, you can have too many which means you will put on weight
try stay away from sugars and starchy carbohydrates (biscuits, cakes, chocolate etc..) and eat good carbs (fibrous vegetables and whole grain)
- Drink lots of water, i.e. 2.5 litres a day at least it helps metabolise fat and gets rid of the crap from your system
- Measure yourself every 2 weeks or so to see your progress and adjust your diet/routine accordingly
Weight
Waist
Hips
Thighs
Forearm
Wrist

cycle instead of running to begin with, if you have been inactive a while your knees/ankles may not appreciate the abuse
at the same time do some conditioning on your joints (lunges, calf extensions etc..) to strengthen those unused muscles

Back
Top Bottom