I definitely saw this but can't remember many details. Help me.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Here's three WWII factoids that should rise you eyebrow.

- Many ships, (including Titanic sister ship Britanic) used dazzle razzle camouflage. Look it up, war movies won't show you that.
- In the final year of the WWII, Nazi Germany's fleet of only jet fighter planes (you read it right, JET fighter planes) was bigger than the entire number of aircrafts Britain managed to mobilise during Battle of Britain. Yet somehow they barely managed to use any of them.
- Despite common misconception, Adolf had blue eyes.

Enjoy

Permabanned
- In the final year of the WWII, Nazi Germany's fleet of only jet fighter planes (you read it right, JET fighter planes) was bigger than the entire number of aircrafts Britain managed to mobilise during Battle of Britain. Yet somehow they barely managed to use any of them.
Enjoy

I am no war guru but I would expect this was due to lack of trained pilots,

Soldato

- Many ships, (including Titanic sister ship Britanic) used dazzle razzle camouflage. Look it up, war movies won't show you that.
- Despite common misconception, Adolf had blue eyes.

Enjoy

Wasn't the sister ship of the Titanic called the Olympic?

Soldato
Plus the Germans were short of fuel, the jets required a lot of maintenance (such as regular engine changes) and the allies were able to destroy a lot of them on the ground.

Correct. Allied non-stop bombing of production facilities and oil refineries meant they were virtually useless. The amount of crazy yet tangible projects that were stopped due to the bombing was unreal, it could have been so much different had they managed to get some of their more feasible projects up and running

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Nelson class had three 16-inch turrets forward of the bridge and nothing behind, according to some books it couldn't fire the front two guns (simultaneously) within 30 degrees of the bow or it would put the stern under and sink.

Man of Honour
There were three Olympic class liners. Olympic, Titanic and Britannic.

According to Wiki, the Olympic was built in 1911, Titanic, 1912, and Britannic 1914, so at the time of the sinking, 1912, Titanic would have had just one "sister" ship.
If this wasn't in question, I apologise.

Caporegime
According to Wiki, the Olympic was built in 1911, Titanic, 1912, and Britannic 1914, so at the time of the sinking, 1912, Titanic would have had just one "sister" ship.
If this wasn't in question, I apologise.

Without hitting the old wiki my recollection is that all three had started construction.

Soldato
That's when the ships were launched into service, at the time the Titanic sunk Britannic was already well into construction, it would have launched into service in 1913 had it not been for the Titanic disaster.

Soldato
I believe it was quite heavily modified!

didn't stop it from striking disaster in ww1 when serving as a hospital ship a mine struck her and in the ensuing panic (after the titanic? wonder why) people prematurely launched the lifeboats, only to be minced by the prop as it raised out of the water.

it was modified, but the disaster highlighted the need for better procedure for evacuations of that nature (ie don't abandon ship until the captain says so)

Back
Top Bottom