I don't really know what I'm doing!! Play along!!

Soldato
OP
I dunno weather to laugh or cry at the cost of that hardware and you pull out two cans of red stripe :D

The cpu fan goes to the cpu fan header and the case fan will go to the case fan header. This is why you read the manual. If you have more than one case fan then you got 2 choices. Disconnect one or get a fan controller kit that allows multiple fans attached.

That cpu paste should have been spread out with a card IMO not a blob personally. I just use a debit card (the non chip side) then wash it after works fine. Or something else with a nice edge.

A bit ‘studenty’ I know, but I genuinely like it!!

as for the fans, I have two ‘sys fan’ sets of pins. However, they’re both four pin, and my case fans are three pin...

told you all I have no idea what I’m doing!!

Soldato
OP
I can’t say I’ve ever tasted red stripe.

You will be fine you can plug the 3 pin fans into the 4 pin headers. Align up the little slot on the sides that’s all you need to do. :)

It's good! Get involved!!

Fans plugged in... well, everything plugged in! Next comes a victory dance, or a small fire... I'm scared...

Missed me? x

List of items and cost would be good. I know you have pics of them.

Definitely will do dude. As soon as I'm happy it's alive and well.

Soldato
OP
Ryzen is a peculiar beast. There’s not much of anything to be gained from fiddling (ohhh err missus) with the cpu but decent gains with ram tweaking.
Whelp, new build (obviously!) and a fresh install of windows...

Literally all I've done so far is install the latest graphics drivers, enabled g-sync, and OC'd the monitor to 95Hz (100 doesn't work, flickers).

What should I be doing next??

Anything in the bios? Update chipset drivers etc??

Soldato
OP
I’m on it boys, cheers. I’ll post back in a bit.

my windows key is duff Google insisted Kinguin was not illegal, and was reliable. Several sources!

Never mind...

before I fork out £100 odd, are there any other legal but less pricey ways to activate windows?

Soldato
I'd be getting HWMonitor installed to keep an eye on those pesky CPU (and other system component) temperature's - will be very handy in determining whether the thermal paste application was a roaring success or pure amateur hour! :D

I love me a fresh install!

Associate
I’m on it boys, cheers. I’ll post back in a bit.

my windows key is duff Google insisted Kinguin was not illegal, and was reliable. Several sources!

Never mind...

before I fork out £100 odd, are there any other legal but less pricey ways to activate windows?

Iv used the bay before now for a cd key for Windows 10.

Soldato
OP
Actually concerned that getting a cheap Windows key was quite an error!!

Firstly, Nivida will only install 'DCH' drivers (whatever they are) and not the nones I'm used to downloading.

Secondly, and inexplicably, the date and time keeps changing to about 8 hours head?!?!?

If I buy a key from here, will I get it straight away, and will it sort all this nonsense out??

Back
Top Bottom