I don't really know what I'm doing!! Play along!!

Soldato
OP
Try your old PSU? Definitely noise coming from the PSU?

It’s absolutely definitely the PSU.

The recording was taken with the PSU removed from the case.

It’s nothing to do with the PSU fan either. The fan spins up fine when the computer boots, with no adverse noises whatsoever. Then stops spinning as it’s supposed to because the computer is idle.

No idea if this is relevant, but when I power off the PC there’s a real ‘ping’ from the PSU as it shuts off...

Permabanned
Right, sadly, the PSU is playing up :(

Only started after I'd been playing around in PUBG for 20 minutes, but now it's constant...

It now makes a constant 'clicking' noise, but I can't work it out because it's not the fan and there are no other moving parts?!

Also noticed really bad coil wine from the GPU, but research suggests that this may be down to a crappy PSU and not necessarily the GPU itself. Is that right?

Audio clip below because my description is rubbish!!

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1lISial5bCP

that sounds like a fan catching a cable lol or it might be woody the wood pecker outside.

Associate
If you bought a windows key from Kinguin and it doesn't activate straight away do the following it worked for me on Win 10 Pro

from the Kinguin site under "KEY ACTIVATION DETAILS"
If you encounter any issues during activation, please follow these steps:

1. Open Start menu, type SLUI 04 and press enter,
  2. Select your country, and call the toll-free number. Follow the instructions provided by the automated activation system to receive a confirmation ID and activate your OS.

Soldato
OP
If you bought a windows key from Kinguin and it doesn't activate straight away do the following it worked for me on Win 10 Pro

from the Kinguin site under "KEY ACTIVATION DETAILS"
If you encounter any issues during activation, please follow these steps:

1. Open Start menu, type SLUI 04 and press enter,
  2. Select your country, and call the toll-free number. Follow the instructions provided by the automated activation system to receive a confirmation ID and activate your OS.

Thanks dude, I appreciate it.

I’ll try in the morning and report back...

Soldato
OP
Windows sorted with a key bought elsewhere.

Refund sorted with Kinguin (eventually!!).

PSU changed and there is zero clicking noise, and no more of what I thought was coil whine from the GPU.

Only thing with the new PSU is the cables are somehow thicker and more cumbersome than the ones from the Aorus.
I think I’ll invest in some custom cables.

Still no response from OcUK on the return of the duff PSU... perhaps they’re just trying to decide just how much discount they’re giving me on a Noble Chair :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Nice build and glad it's all working ok. Would you recommend the case for a newbie?
Absolutely!

As you can see, I’m basically a newbie myself.

Plenty of room, couple of great case fans pre installed, fantastic quality (not just for the price, just overall fantastic quality).

plenty of places to mount things, and the PSU shroud and all the room underneath gives loads of space for hiding cables etc making for a clean build even if like me you don’t really know what you’re doing.

Personal preference this bit, but no RGB either.

Go for it, and post up your build :cool:

Back
Top Bottom