I feel like I'm... done with gaming?

Caporegime
Horses for courses. To me that like saying if you have played Mario 64, there is nothing new in Mario Odyssey.
If you found Prey better than SS2 that's a valid opinion of course.

Subjectively, I found SS2 to be the superior game.

I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy a new System Shock game nor that I didn't enjoy Prey (I did until it started dragging on). I just don't think Prey surpassed the games it payed homage to. In fact I think (graphics aside) it wasn't as good in many ways.

For starters the enemy variety was worse. I'm not going to bore you by deconstructing both games, but SS2 did a lot of things really well, whilst Prey does a lot of things well but not to the same standard.

Soldato
I am now 55, been gaming all my life, right from the earliest console's, to the latest and PC, still love gaming, but i like the slower games really, and racing sims, flight sims, and tactical shooters like Arma series and Squad etc etc.

Soldato
I am now 55, been gaming all my life, right from the earliest console's, to the latest and PC, still love gaming, but i like the slower games really, and racing sims, flight sims, and tactical shooters like Arma series and Squad etc etc.

10 years behind you and glad I have at least another 10; Same games I play too. Fast twitch shooters ....nah. Tactics alongside shooter such as PUBG, squad, post scriptum, insurgency sandstorm and I'm there. When I can get a decent resolution virtual headset then I'll play the flight sims (space) and maybe racing games. Too many other expensive hobbies............ joy of not having kids...........................................................................yet.

Soldato
10 years behind you and glad I have at least another 10; Same games I play too. Fast twitch shooters ....nah. Tactics alongside shooter such as PUBG, squad, post scriptum, insurgency sandstorm and I'm there. When I can get a decent resolution virtual headset then I'll play the flight sims (space) and maybe racing games. Too many other expensive hobbies............ joy of not having kids...........................................................................yet.
I might add, im single, no kids and never been married(my choice) :)

Soldato
I have refreshed the games I am playing and really enjoying it again now.

Strange brigade, the division and destiny2 for my MPngaming with mates as well as xcom2 for my solo fix . I am also in a little pinball challenge with a mate where we take it in turns picking a table for a month to see who can get best score (this month is Tron).

The beauty for me is, I am so far behind on gaming with a huge back catalogue most of these games are cheap as chips

Soldato
I had a child relatively late in life and I have to say gaming time is hugely reduced.now. I still get maybe 5hr a week however to unwind. Which reminds me I have not used my vr headset in 3 months or so. The longest period by far since 2014

Soldato
feel your pain OP,

best i can muster these days is a quick 20-30 mins of xbox and in fairness dont think thats been on since xmas :(
lost the will to game

always have been a huge fan of football manager and looking at steam

Football Manager 09 417 hours
Football Manager 10 653 hours
Football Manager 11 1188 hours
Football Manager 12 682 hours
Football Manager 13 572 hours
Football Manager 14 388 hours
Football Manager 15 285 hours
Football Manager 16 425 hours
Football Manager 17 116 hours
Football Manager 18 8 hours
Football Manager 19 Not even bought it

Soldato
dammit,

after posting the above i went to the effort of installing fm18 on my laptop,

didnt even get it opened and i've went and bought 19

lets see how many hours i can get in before 20 comes out

Soldato
feel your pain OP,

best i can muster these days is a quick 20-30 mins of xbox and in fairness dont think thats been on since xmas :(
lost the will to game

always have been a huge fan of football manager and looking at steam

Football Manager 09 417 hours
Football Manager 10 653 hours
Football Manager 11 1188 hours
Football Manager 12 682 hours
Football Manager 13 572 hours
Football Manager 14 388 hours
Football Manager 15 285 hours
Football Manager 16 425 hours
Football Manager 17 116 hours
Football Manager 18 8 hours
Football Manager 19 Not even bought it

Allowing 8hrs for sleep and 8hrs for work, that's a solid year and a half. :eek:

Soldato
I'm 53, and still gaming. I get fed up with it on occasion, but VR has been the big, literal game changer for me. It makes gaming seem fresh and new again, like it was back in the 80's.

Soldato
I might add, im single, no kids and never been married(my choice) :)

Whatever makes you happy.

As my mate says about women "Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em. A dog on the other hand."

I'm getting married next year. Forced marriage. She's forcing me as we been together for 11 years. No kids though, she's a teacher and doesnt want her own. I'm not saying never, but neither of us have had the 'urge' yet. Past long term GF's are all Mum's now.

Associate
I'm 53, and still gaming. I get fed up with it on occasion, but VR has been the big, literal game changer for me. It makes gaming seem fresh and new again, like it was back in the 80's.
Considering getting one myself just not sure if I will get my moneys worth. Some of my mates havent exactly used them as much after getting rift etc and then ended up selling them after 6 months of non usage. Guess its not for everyone.

Soldato
I feel like I spend most of my 'gaming time' opening and closing various games on steam. I really want to play games but I no longer get the urge or excitement I used to get :(

Associate
Hi all, since I was 16ish I've been gaming on pc played original counterstrike when it was just a mod, team fortress classic etc etc....I'm mid 30s now, and love the idea of jumping on in the evening after my son's gone to sleep for some csgo, insirgency, battlefield whatever really, by the time the pc is on and ready I've just lost all interest, I've got a good pc, wife doesn't mind etc but I just lost any will and interest to sit at.my pc and play and I really don't know why?, Just wondering if anybody else gets like this? Sometimes it's just easier to chill out on the Xbox on forza or maybe watch others play on twitch so I don't have to....I dunno, sorry for awful writing in on a tablet

Back
Top Bottom