I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Nice, what is the screen of the left? Tablet, RPi with touch screen?

James.

It's a Galaxy Tab. Printer runs via an RPI running OctaPrint, so the tab just acts as a web interface to control the printer.

Associate
I'm a bit of a noob at all this 3D printing lark. I'm printing in PLA with no heated bed and I was wondering if printing in the garage (read not very warm) is a bad idea? I have enough trouble with things sticking to the bed as it is and was wondering if the lower ambient temperature would be a bad thing.

TIA for your thoughts :)

Associate
It's a RepRapPro clone I think, I'm printing on to Kapton tape but I've ordered some of that Blue masking tape people go on about. Hopefully that'll help.

Associate
What about if you built an insulated cabinet around the printer to help negate the fact the garage isn't heated?

The wife has told me I need to move my printer from the kitchen table to the garage, its a CR10s with a heated bed, am thinking I'll make an enclosure first to house it in - will this be sufficient or do I need to look at alternative options?

Matt

Soldato
PEI sheet is best for the bed, tape is annoying imo as it peels off.

An enclosure around the printer in the garage should be ok as long as it’s sealed or there’s no drafts.

Associate
Change of plan, printer now installed in my office bedroom.

Another question PLA, does it retain the same properties once it's been extruded?

Am doing a few pieces that will be used outside and just wondered how long they'd last outside of made out of pla.

Matt

Associate
Ok thanks for the replies, have printed some bits off so will see how they go.

I've decided after a weekend of printing I need the printer quieter (CR10S), so have ordered dampeners and am looking to replace all the fans.

Matt

Soldato
Ok thanks for the replies, have printed some bits off so will see how they go.

I've decided after a weekend of printing I need the printer quieter (CR10S), so have ordered dampeners and am looking to replace all the fans.

Matt
I did this and took them off not long after. They flex which means the stepper motor doesn't sit in the right position, that makes the belt move and catch as well as making it difficult to set the right belt tension. They do make it super quiet though.

Man of Honour
Seem to have managed to block the hotend up on mine yay not sure how but I've been putting all kinds of filaments through it including some this printer isn't designed for so I guess it isn't entirely surprising.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom