1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Discussion in 'Printers' started by Pinter75, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Makhaira

Mobster

I would recommend getting the kit. Apart from the fact that it's a lot cheaper, you learn an awful lot about how the printer works and is set up by doing it this way, and if you want to tweak or ever have any problems to solve then you're in a much better place to understand what's happening.

2. montymint

Mobster

I'm trying my best with a geetech i3 prob atm. Some really infuriating problems currently. I'll fight through and at the same time save for a prusa Mk3, which I'll get after the summer.

3. MoNkEyMiKeY

Mobster

So is this the official ocuk 3d printer thread :)

I tend to frequent facebook groups but thought I would have a look and see what the PC building guys are doing.

I have a Zaribo I built from scratch in MK3 form that is my main printer and I have a CR-10 that I turned into a MK3 that I call Crearibo. Its on thingiverse if you want to check it just search crearibo.

Trying to find ways to incorporate my PC stuff with my 3D printing. So far I have designed a new case for my aging goldtouch numeric keypad.

[​IMG]

4. bulb66

Wise Guy

Welcome to the thread .

I really want to start designing my own stuff.

5. MoNkEyMiKeY

Mobster

Try fusion 360 its free in a sense and I find it really easy to use after watching some tutorials.

6. MoNkEyMiKeY

Mobster

Cool you are in Suffolk so am I. Feels like no one in Norfolk or Suffolk has 3d printers.

7. bulb66

Wise Guy

I am, yeah. Been into 3d printing for a while as you can see from my signature \/ if it's showing, but basically I make YouTube videos, post in Instagram and Twitter etc as well as now selling filament.

I've used fusion360 and TinkerCAD just not found that thing I need to design.

J.

8. chris_r

Mobster

Little model i did

9. Lakeland

Soldato

Made a route book holder for a trial I’m competing in today :D

[​IMG]

10. hardkore

Mobster

I've got 2 and I'm a Norfolk man!

11. 8myers8

Gangster

jealous 110% still want one , but really do not know wat is the best one to start out with ....

12. MoNkEyMiKeY

Mobster

If you can afford it then the prusa mk3s is a very reliable and easy to use starter printer. You also get a lot of great features for a reasonable price. Also the community is huge so there's a lot of support and modifications.

13. 8myers8

Gangster

Thank u for info mate , i will take a look over weekend at the prusa mk3s ....

14. [Death]

Wise Guy

so, wife wants a 3d printer for making models etc, i will use it for making flight sim panels / boxes and character models, plus whatever the imagination drives :)

what would be best to get for quality etc (i know nothing about this stuff)

she is funding it and has 2k to spend (she wants to get best she can and not start small and buy again)

15. bulb66

Wise Guy

Firstly don't spend 2k on your first printer, it's not needed.

Second what's the size of parts you'll want to print?

My suggestion would be the artillery sidewinder x1 about £400 big build volume and prints PLA great. Requires minimal assembly, has a growing community and a manufacturer who listens to feedback.

J.

16. [Death]

Wise Guy

asking her is magical haha , about 170mm high 200mm wide and long be nice, bigger is welcome, but quality is a must , (high for her char models ) and length / width for my flight panels, she has a friend with a zortrax m200 plus. so roughly same sizes as that

17. andicole0

Soldato

Can anyone explain how Fusion 360 can be free? All I see is a 30 day free trial.
    Andi.

18. bulb66

Wise Guy

Download the trial and when you register you'll select personal use.

19. bulb66

Wise Guy

I'd do some research on what's about right now see what fits your budget and expectations.

M200 is a nice printer but build volume is small, enclosed spools will be a pain for 3rd party filament.

J.

20. [Death]

Wise Guy

Thanks for the advice, So many reviews saying so many different things. As usual every company thinks its the best!

Just watched a few reviews on the one you suggested, Good prints at a fraction of the cost, Know anything about the Ender 5? Seems quite good too

CREALITY 3D Upgrade Auto Leveling CR-10S Pro Touch LCD V2.4.1 Motherboard Double Extrusion Resume Printing Filament Detection -- this one looks very good too

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019