i just got dead space 2 but i'm so disappointed

Soldato
Just wanted to post to say to Gareth and others... You guys are a real inspiration! If everyone had your determination, resolve and positive outlook the world would be a much more amazing place!

Keep up the good work, raising awareness and resolutions to help others. Most of all, keep having fun! :)

Soldato
OP
Hi gareth
This may come late and i dont know if you ever still use this forum, however
on the chance you will read this message i would like to recommend something you can try that may make gaming and other computer related things a lot better for you.

i recently bought myself a headset that allows you to control the computer by using facial gestures, accelerometers and 'thought'

you will be able to control the mouse simply by turning your head left, right, up and down, mouse clicking is custom, you can choose to either clench your teeth, wink, or even by thinking left or right click
you can bind any of the outputs to any key on the keyboard or mouse

now before i go any further,
training the program to use 'thought' is quite time consuming, but worth it.
it can take hours to properly train thought controlled actions but having said that, you can see quite good results with just a few minutes worth of training

the thought controlled outputs are a bonus, the ability to control the mouse by turning your head alone is very accurate and something you should look into purely for that feature.

this device costs about $299, i paid about $500 because due to living in australia and the postage cost, it worked out cheaper for me to buy the headset and some additional spare parts at the same time as opposed to buying spares later on down the track as they offer free postage on X amount of extras when purchased along with the headset

its wireless, and the battery life is quite good, i have not tested it for a great deal of time however mine lasts over 5 or 6 hours as constant usage.

the only complaint i have with the device is the training of thought takes quite a bit of getting used to,
and after a couple hours it starts to hurt while wearing it, however, adding some additional padding prevents that, this however may not be the case for you, as it probably just sits tight on my 'big' head

if you do decide to get one of these, here is a tip for training thought controlled actions,
when training, try to visualize what you want to do,
for example, if you wanted to walk forward using a thought controlled action:
try to imagine your character moving forward, or a ball rolling down a hill or something, dont just think 'walk forward' over and over in your mind, this makes game play confusing and also makes training confusing.

it works by triggering on your intention to do a specific action, so when training your thoughts have to be consistant (like a ball rolling)

anyway thats probably enough rambling on for me, i think this device would be perfect for you, i bought mine because i think this hardware is the future of computers and shows a lot of potential both for computers and people who have disability's that restrict their ability to do thinks such as use their hands or many other things. anyway enough said, here is the website, and a youtube link to show you this thing in action.

www.emotiv.com this is where you can read up on and purchase the unit from (you can speak to people on the website live if you need to)

and here is a youtube of it in use:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZrat-VG4Ms
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDgkZZYSVPo

i hope you find this useful, and i think personally this will change computer interaction for you for the better

unfortunetly you will need somebody to help you put the sensors in and position them for you, but this is a very easy thing to do.

i hope you find this post, good luck!

p.s. i dont know if i have correctly added the video links or not, i do not use forums ever, and dont know any of the forum related tricks, i made this account purely to send this message to you, so if i have done anything wrong, i would appreciate it if an admin could correct anything i may have dont wrong, thanks.
sorry for the late reply..

very good find mate. thank you.

this does look really good tbh, and looking at videos it seem to really work.

next Thursday a guy from specialeffects is coming to see me. so I will tell him about this and see if he can get one to let me try.

Soldato
OP
how are you getting on with other games Gareth ie dead space 3 bf3 etc. is the coding ok for you to modify?
I've just bought DS3 tonight in the Humble Bundle (I never knew about that site) so I will play it tomorrow, BF3 is fully remappable. however Trials Evolution: Gold Edition has no remapping options which i'm shocked about.

Last edited:
Associate
Just wanted to post to say to Gareth and others... You guys are a real inspiration! If everyone had your determination, resolve and positive outlook the world would be a much more amazing place!

Keep up the good work, raising awareness and resolutions to help others. Most of all, keep having fun! :)

I agree with this so much, some replies in here are disturbing though.

Respect to the op. :)

Soldato
OP
How about using some remapping software?
I have a modified xbox360 controller that has remapping + other features built-in. but on bike/racing games you really need the analog for gas and break,

for example on my controller I can put the RT to the left or right stick button so I have gas on that. but that makes it digital feel.

Soldato
Have you tried playing about with xpadder, joytokey etc...? Should allow you to map anything too anything regardless of in game mapping support. If it's awkward for you to use/setup I'll have a bash at setting you some profiles up, I have trials evolution gold so if you tell me what button you want to do what we'll see if that go's someway to helping you out.

Soldato
OP
Have you tried playing about with xpadder, joytokey etc...? Should allow you to map anything too anything regardless of in game mapping support. If it's awkward for you to use/setup I'll have a bash at setting you some profiles up, I have trials evolution gold so if you tell me what button you want to do what we'll see if that go's someway to helping you out.
I've just got XBOX360 Controller Emulator program that allow me to change buttons and axis. so I will have a play with it today.

Soldato
I've just got XBOX360 Controller Emulator program that allow me to change buttons and axis. so I will have a play with it today.

I'd never heard of that before, looks like a better open source version of xpadder (which was free until the dev got greedy).

You're pretty good at driving games btw, I tend to forget they have brakes and plow into a wall :(

On trails I try be too flash and backflip everything, again ends up in disaster :p

Back
Top Bottom