i just got dead space 2 but i'm so disappointed

Soldato
OP
Hi Gareth,

I was wondering if you have heard of a charity called Special Effect?

They are based around Oxford and use technology to allow people much more disabled than yourself to play the latest games, use a computer, basically control their homes with just their eyes.

My girlfriend has been fundraising for them for a number of years (he freinds family run the charity) and they put a lot of focus on gaming.

I have had the chance to have a go with their kit and it really is very good.

Their website is http://www.specialeffect.org.uk/pages/about.htm and the chap you who runs it all is called Mick (http://www.facebook.com/search.php?q=mick+donegan&init=quick&tas=0.629833568684114#!/mick.donegan)

I'm not sure if it is your kind of thing but he may be able to add some weight to your petition.

Any questions, give me a shout.

Cheers

Andy

P.S i have emailed this to you in case you miss it.
Hi mate

Yeah i have been talking to Special Effect for awhile now, they are great tbh. They have been modding a controller for me to help me game better, hopefully i should get on friday.

Soldato
OP
hows the new controller treating you gaz? Made gaming better overall?
the first controller has been very helpful but it has bugs . and missing the L3/R3 buttons.

so they have made another one which as more features/buttons and better analog sticks and hopefully won't have the bug.. i should get it on friday and i'll post a pic.

Soldato
They ended up releasing a patch didnt they?

Im glad you are gaming gareth. you deserve everything you get.

Btw, your my vote for Man of Honour. :D You deserve that at the very least.

Peace dude. Keep on gaming.

Permabanned
yep, will post a pic

it will need to be sent back again to america where they make them because they forgot to make the thumbsticks buttons blank/remappable and also i've found a small bug again

I suppose that's the way it goes with something new, although im sure it is dissapointing (and a PITA). :D

Are you charged anything or is this all goodwill?

What companies/charities are involved?

Permabanned
Looks pretty evil...

It reminds me of the old third party 16 bit controllers with rapid fire and 40 buttons.

It's a shame there isn't a company who can make a case from scratch.

Do you remember the Ridge Racer 4 controller? Surely if campanies can make a controller for one game (that never sell well) they can make one for people who game with their face.....

JogCon-1.jpg

Soldato
OP
Looks pretty evil...

It reminds me of the old third party 16 bit controllers with rapid fire and 40 buttons.

It's a shame there isn't a company who can make a case from scratch.

Do you remember the Ridge Racer 4 controller? Surely if campanies can make a controller for one game (that never sell well) they can make one for people who game with their face.....

JogCon-1.jpg
yeah a company should be able to make a controller from scratch for disability people....

the controller i have has the rapid fire feature, also Remap, Toggle, Turbo, and Multiple Buttons features but Multiple Buttons doesn't seem to work.

Back
Top Bottom