I think I'm being sued...

Soldato
I'll say there is. If I want to download freely available data shared over the internet, no matter to whom the data originally belongs, I feel that should be my human right. I certainly don't feel I should be punished for it... Nice viewpoint though...

Well staling software is fairly wrong. I could steal a car if I wanted, but I'll still be punished.

Associate
OP
If somebody MADE you either steal a car or download a game, and you'd be punished for either, if caught, which would you choose?

I agree, 'stealing' software is wrong. But sharing software isn't so wrong, is it? Alright, we're splitting hairs, where does 'sharing' a game with a friend become 'stealing' a game, I hear that. But surely there's a defining line there?

Soldato
If somebody MADE you either steal a car or download a game, and you'd be punished for either, if caught, which would you choose?

I agree, 'stealing' software is wrong. But sharing software isn't so wrong, is it? Alright, we're splitting hairs, where does 'sharing' a game with a friend become 'stealing' a game, I hear that. But surely there's a defining line there?

Well the punishment for downloading a game is lesser, so obviously I'd choose that.

By sharing a game with a friend, I'd class lending a game, i.e the original disc to him/her as not wrong. But copying it as wrong.

Taking something for free by illegal methods is not right and you can not justify it.

Back
Top Bottom