** I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK - NOW!!! **

Associate
I've only just moved onto using a gaming surface as I've always found my desk to be satisfactory, however it's getting on a bit and no matter how much I clean it my mouse just doesn't track smoothly anymore. I picked up a Razer Sphex at the weekend from a local shop and I'm more than impressed.

Pros:
1. It's paper thin and so doesn't irritate my carpal tunnel.
2. It has an adhesive on the back so it doesn't slip under use, but can be relocated.
3. It can be washed if needed.
4. The tracking is excellent and gaming feels more accurate.
5. It cost me a tenner

Cons:
None yet, but then I have only had it for a few days

Soldato
I currently use the razer goliathus extended due to it being long enough to fit my kb on and plenty of room left for the mouse.

For the size of it, it was surprisingly cheap off fleabay

Soldato
I like hard mats that I can glide across. I had the Razer Goliathus Extended before, now I actually use a leather desk cover from Ikea (it's semi-circle in shape). That is a lot more hard wearing, as well as quicker and easier to keep clean.

So, make it big and hard! ;)

Associate
I went from using things like the Razer Goliathus & Boogie Bug XL and got a Razer Syphex.

It's paper thin with an adhesive underside & a very quick surface.

Surprised you don't have it in stock, I can't go back to using anything else.

Soldato
I've told rjk my thoughts but i can agree the QCK+ is one of themost popular matts amongst FPS gamers who attend lans. Not many of us hard mat gamers out there :o

Associate
I went from using things like the Razer Goliathus & Boogie Bug XL and got a Razer Syphex.

It's paper thin with an adhesive underside & a very quick surface.

Surprised you don't have it in stock, I can't go back to using anything else.

I've recently gone from an Icemat to a Razer Sphex. While nothing is better than the Icemat with a fresh set of feet on the mouse the Sphex is a really good mat, paper thin with a very nice glide. The more I am using it, the more I think I couldn't use anything else.

Soldato
I'm currently using a razer exact mat. It has a metal surface.

I've used many pads over the years and keep coming back to it because it simply tracks better than anything else. Shame I hate the way it looks.

In short, stock more high quality metal pads :) - preferably at a reasonable cost...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Zowie N-RF2 Thin Soft Surface Gaming Surface - Black - exceptionally good with Zowie mice and WMO 1.1a but seem a bit hit and miss with other brands, a spare deathadder I've got lying around really doesn't work well on it. But perfect in combination with the Zowie FK or WMOs I've got.

Soldato
I'm using a mat that came with my old Gigabyte M6900 , it feels soft to the touch but pressing down on it is rather firm... occasionally when my wrist is on it after a long gaming session it will start to ache a little

best i could do to describe it :D

Back
Top Bottom