I would never pre-order a game, except...

Soldato
If I were Chris Roberts (and who would want to be?) I'd close the project down quietly one weekend and send every backer a t-shirt. "I bought Star Citizen & all I got was this lousy T-shirt". I'd appreciate that more than the game now.

Anyone who's spent more than $5k on pretend spaceships** would get a bonus: "Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!" printed on the back.

I was with you dude,

[**Disclaimer, I spent about £700 on pretend iRacing cars and tracks]

Until I saw this.

Hang your head in shame.

Associate
Pre-ordering games made sense when it was to reserve a physical copy of a game in your local store. Pre-ordering a digital copy of the game to get skins and early access is just insane.

Associate
Why is it acceptable for physical but not digital copies in your opinion?
I didn't actually say it was acceptable..... I said it made more sense back in the days when stores might have run out of games on release day etc....
Maybe because they can run out of physical copies of a popular title?
Exactly. although it's obviously not an issue these days because everything can be got digitally.

Soldato
I didn't actually say it was acceptable..... I said it made more sense back in the days when stores might have run out of games on release day etc....

Exactly. although it's obviously not an issue these days because everything can be got digitally.

You're saying buying physical copies made sense because it could sell out, only to acknowledge that it's no longer a thing in recent years.

I don't know what you're actually saying that's relevant to this topic regarding games being pre-ordered in modern times that are released in unfinished states.

I get in the 90s and early 2000s pre-ordering for a physical copies was a thing due to scarcity but most people will also agree that games from that era didn't have the sort of problems many have today. We didn't have a choice for digital copies back then.

Associate
You're saying buying physical copies made sense because it could sell out, only to acknowledge that it's no longer a thing in recent years.

I don't know what you're actually saying that's relevant to this topic regarding games being pre-ordered in modern times that are released in unfinished states.

I get in the 90s and early 2000s pre-ordering for a physical copies was a thing due to scarcity but most people will also agree that games from that era didn't have the sort of problems many have today. We didn't have a choice for digital copies back then.

I'm sorry I can't help you put the pieces together.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I still pre-order games I intend to play day 1. Why? Simple, they tend to be cheaper that way as the price at cdkeys more often than not goes up as soon as it is released. If it was not for that I would not bother.

Back
Top Bottom