i7 3770k batches.

Associate
Hi guys,

Im really lost. I got my Asus Maximus V Formula today and i still have the EXACT same issue. Two Boards tried now, and same issue. I have flashed to the latest BIOS, and just done a complete fresh install of windows7.

Computer only boots with HIS 7950 installed in secondary PCIe slot and only runs at x2 speed PCIe 3.0.

Again it hangs when card is installed in Primary slot and wont post/boot. Displays Codes AE/AO/A2.

So it can only be one of two things now, the GPU is faulty (Deemed OK by overclockers when i RMA'd it) or the CPU is faulty (passed intels diagnostic test no problems)

Sorry to post on this thread but maybe 8pack has seen this type of thing before?

I am completely at a loss.

Does anyone know if i can RMA a CPU or GPU that is approx 13 months old?

Thanks

Associate
I think that's highly unlikely now tbh, as I've not seen anyone else have this issue with every board they try with a HIS 7950.

Has to be a damaged component, but as I don't have access to any other core i7's or GPU cards/motherboards to try my GPU in. I'm stuck with not knowing

OcUK Staff
Check the HIS Website for card bios man. If it bypasses 62 on post code it means it cant initialize the card bios in that particular slot.

It could also be a problem with a damaged CPU which controls all the PCI ex lanes on the die these days.

Associate
The HIS website doesn't have BIOS updates for the card, only the catalyst control centre drivers.

But I have the latest BIOS available and updated from techpowerup.com for this GPU.

The motherboards also have the most up to date BIOS's.

PCI speed 3.0 doesn't appear to be a problem with the card, as it changes from 1.1 to 3.0 when rendering. Its just that its stuck at x2 speed and only functions in the secondary pcie slot.

Im leaning toward the cpu being somehow faulty, despite it passing intels diagnostic software. I just need another rig to test my components in, or hopefully OCUK can RMA it for me

Caporegime
be good if you could test with another gpu just to be sure

or try crossflashing the card with an asus or sapphire bios (that's if the card has dual bios's,just incase you need to recover the card) but id only do that if you were happy flashing it

Back
Top Bottom