• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i7 6700k Owners Club

Soldato
Strange, everything on default in bios, and my 6700k saying core voltage 1.328V in bios, is this wrong ?

in the bios for mine it says 1.248v , i guess we using the same motherboard ? did you update the bios as there was a update on there site , wonder if it varies from CPU to CPU ?

Soldato
Mine deffo showing 1.328v on auto setting, still on original bios thou, also is this correct, listed 8 times there, thx
6700k.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
uscool, in the Extreme Tweaker section and then the Ai Overclock Tuner, mine is set to Auto, you reckon thats why, should it be manual ?

guess it booted again, i dont do anything with Ai overclock,

i just change multiplayer for cpu to overclock it to 4.5ghz and manually set speed / volt and timings for RAM,

i just updated bios to 0603 , it restarted like 4 times, saying updating bios then me updating :confused:

and it reset all my bios settings/ cpu/ram etc, had to redo all my fan controls, lucky i took a picture of each

weird thing is when i was setting ram up, the cpu voltage was like 1.40, as soon i restart and went back in its back at 1.28v now

actually now its showing as 1.392 in bios and aint budging, in cpuz its 1.408v, i can see the speed reducing but not voltage, updating bios always seems to cause new issues :(

as soon i have multiplayer at auto so no overclock, its at 1.248 now, but its not dropping down when idle like before, would drop down to 0.700v, , and know when i increase multiplayer , cpu voltage without touching it goes to 1.40v ,

before with older bios i had it at 4.5ghz and would be around 1.32v and it would drop when in idle, and was stable , played quite a few games past few weeks no issues .guess the board bios update caused this

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom