• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ian McNaughton goes out against The Way it's Meant to be Played

Associate
Ok, so basically, if Nvidia help with some tech that can benefit ATI too, they won't share it? But if it's Vice versa, ATI will? Pretty much shows you the ethical/moral value of each company.

The thing is if nVidia helped the company to develop the FSAA in D3D then technically it should work on ATi hardware which is adherent to the same standard as both are DX10 compliant, so something NV have said or done along the line has encouraged the developers to lock other vendors out. That's some rotten moral fiber right there.

Soldato
this thread is bloody hilarious. keep it up boys!!! its getting late now so the nvidia monsters will be lurking outside your house to steal your garden gnomes and pee on your lawn! quickly! another idiotic post based on unfounded speculation will keep them at bay.. get to it!!

Permabanned
this thread is bloody hilarious. keep it up boys!!! its getting late now so the nvidia monsters will be lurking outside your house to steal your garden gnomes and pee on your lawn! quickly! another idiotic post based on unfounded speculation will keep them at bay.. get to it!!

You've got a bit of leakage on your lip there, you might want to wipe it up.

Soldato
Apple came up with the idea/developed of openCL then handed it over to some company which I forgot the name of. So yes, I'd imagine it would. :p

Edit - Apple claim openCL 1.0 has been released with Snow Leopard. :)

It has, I've already used it. nVidia support it but CUDA and OpenCL will probably diverge at some point.

The reason that Apple have OpenCL ready is because they are one of the founders for the OpenCL effort.

I used to be an ATI registered developer for their "Close To the Metal (CTM)" GPGPU work and I think it's good that GPGPU has an open standard as a base. However I can see nVidia attempting to push their proprietary CUDA platform and MS will probably create their own platform.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Apple came up with the idea/developed of openCL then handed it over to some company which I forgot the name of. So yes, I'd imagine it would. :p

Edit - Apple claim openCL 1.0 has been released with Snow Leopard. :)

Khronos Group I think, and yeah it's out already with Snow Leopard.

Soldato
OP
Ok, so basically, if Nvidia help with some tech that can benefit ATI too, they won't share it? But if it's Vice versa, ATI will? Pretty much shows you the ethical/moral value of each company.

That is a fact.
But some people choose to ignore the gleamingly obvious fact because it suites them to.

Just because most people have a preference does not mean that it should get in the way of the facts.

Back
Top Bottom