Ice Hockey - you can't beat it

Soldato
mike62 said:
Coulple of weeks ago at the Basingstoke v Newcastle match the fights started in the warm up! The teams had to warm up separately after that.

When the game started, the first fight followed at 3 seconds. :cool:

Congrats on the win last night :D
Keeping the title race alive for the Vipers!

Now we just need Nottingham to be effective on Wednesday and suck ass on Sunday, Coventry to let us win on Saturday, and the Capitals lose badly to us tonight and destroy Belfast on Sunday :D

Not asking for much... :o

Soldato
Vandle said:
Can you drink when sitting watching?
I might have a look Saturday , off to Manchester sunday.

Good call.
We're playing Coventry on Saturday - currently fighting it out for third place in the league behind ourselves and Belfast.
Should be a fantastic game.

We lost last night but we did secure second in the league! :D

Soldato
I was a bit upset with the officiating at times last night but I have to give it to the Caps - they really wanted the win and they took it.
Our heads went down after some sketchy calls and although we really pushed them we couldn't beat Kucera who was on fine form.

Second is fantastic for our first season in the league.
Its the hockey equivilant of Sunderland pushing for the Premiership :p

Associate
Don't watch elite league, but used to watch the MK Kings, and followed the MK lightning for a bit, then sort of drifted away. Was never heavily into it, American Football is my prefferred US sport. Watched the MK lions a couple of times too (Basketball) but never really got into that either.

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
What's the deal with fighting in ice hockey, are they actually allowed to do it?:)

Its accepted as part of the game.
Tempers tend to boil over in a competitive environment so its best to let two guys fight it out and then have a few minutes in the penalty box to calm down.

Back
Top Bottom