Icecold's mobility thread

Man of Honour
Depending on what you're referring to, it's perfectly natural and healthy to want to do so.

However, if you find "doing this ball stuff" detracts from your daily routine and real life, you may need to wind back a bit.

Once you have achieved a good range of movement, your stamina increases and can keep going for longer periods, you'll get more and greater satisfaction from release.

:o

Caporegime
Random one, right wrist doesn't bend back properly, just feels like it's hitting something solid.

ie OHP hurt today :o

Anything to do? I don't want to starting using wrist wraps :(

Caporegime
Painful wrist:

Stop bending it.
Sort out your shoulder stability (positioning and mobility).

Point number one doesn't help me much, that's as bad as an answer from seeing a GP :p

Point two, I presume you are referring primarily to OHP and positioning?

Just bending it back now hurts, let alone when it's loaded ;)

Associate
Hey all, back after a year of abuse (or lack of mobility abuse to my body) whilst abroad.

I already have a 66fit EPP Foam Roller - Black and am looking to order either a rumble / grid roller.

I'm already going to order a voodoo floss band from mobility tools. and am just wondering whether these rollers would actually be stiffer than my current and hold up to the classic grid / rumble roller.

Associate
As I thought. Was just hoping the one above would be enough as it has sections similar and at under half the price. Will just have to put aside more for the mobility fund I guess :p

Associate
I think the thoracic mobilty I've done over the last few days is helping already. My bench set up seemed nicer today and it seemed like I was able to generate more power. Hopefully I can start to make some progress now. Also the pec deck (that most hardcore or hardcore exercises :) ) was much easier.

I've ordered Supple Leopard; I'm gonna take mobility seriously from now on.

Soldato
Supple leopard book worth buying?

I bought it on itunes (£23) for the ipad on Friday.

I'm about half way through it at the moment. There's loads of emphasis on stabilising your spine during movements and that's pretty much the starting point for the rest of the book.

I've just got to the other stuff about how the body works/creates torque and there's a section on diagnosing problems and the techniques involved in fixing them.

The reference sections are the best bits though. There's a section on movements which are categorized by complexity e.g. you can look up Bench Press and it'll give you step by step instructions on bench technique with pictures. Good stuff.

Then there's the mobility sections which break the body down into it's constituent parts and e.g. Thoracic Spine, tell you what the part does, then lists movements improve mobility all with pictures explaining what's happening. These are the ones that use lacrosse balls, rollers and bands.

I reported a problem with the formatting to Apple as on the electronic version there are pages with pictures and text all contained within a frame but you can't actually get the frame to fit on the one page. I asked for a refund so I can buy a hard copy which they granted and so far they haven't actually removed the book from my account. If they do I'll probably just buy it again on itunes as it's a minor problem and having been reading the book for a few days it doesn't bother me anymore.

It certainly compliments the videos on the MWOD website and I've had better results with my back/pelvis problems in the past week than in months of going to a physio so I'd not hesitate in recommending it.

Back
Top Bottom