Icecold's mobility thread

Associate
I have noticed during squats I get so far (just before parallel) and my lower back rounds. Any ideas on how to determine what is causing this? I don't know how to find out if it's tight hamstrings, hip mobility or something else.

Man of Honour
I have noticed during squats I get so far (just before parallel) and my lower back rounds. Any ideas on how to determine what is causing this? I don't know how to find out if it's tight hamstrings, hip mobility or something else.

It could be anything from tight hamstrings, to poor lumbar control, poor ab control, bad stance, poor knee control or poor ankle mobility.

Which of these? Vids required. ;)

Associate
A rumble roller is next on my list of toys to get.

I just got two lacrosse balls to make a peanut, for some thoracic smashing. They feel a lot nicer to use than the hockey ball i've been using.

The hockey ball did the trick for the 'lie on ball, lift arm over head' thing though. The mobility in my left arm as improved a decent amount in the last few weeks.

Caporegime
guys im gonna be placing an order from amazon.com and rogue fitness to canada and then bringing it back to the uk in luggage.

i have the supple leopard book ordered from amazon as it's less than £20 on there

VooDoo Floss Bands are on order from rogue fitness canadian site.

now i need a rumble roller (already have a foam roller), it needs to be the small one though so it can fit in suitcase.

2 x lacrosse ball or 2 x massage ball and a sock thing to hold 2 of them for use together.

resistance and pull up bands

can you find suitable and cheap versions of the above 3 from either amazon.com or rogue fitness?

anything else i have missed out?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007M42EYW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2R8N66C2IJAQE

that is the set of bands im looking at on amazon

and this is the roller i am looking at

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004INOO8Y/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1394B1K82XHSA

in 12" x 5" for $45

need to know within the next 24 hours, will be placing order tomorrow most likely.

Caporegime
postage at rogue fitness was starting to mount up when ordering from there i mean $10 to post 2 sets of bands jumps up to $20 just to add a couple of lacrosse balls, then jumps up a huge amount to $60+ when you add a rumble roller.

so i decided just to order the floss bands and x bands from rogue fitness and now everything else from amazon because postage is free from amazon and you can only get those bands from rogue fitness.

on amazon it costs the same to buy 6 lacrosse balls as it does 2, so gonna just get 6.

im gonna leave the rumble roller for now, i have a normal foam roller, which will do until i have money to throw at a decent rumble roller, their are cheap ones available at $15 but they are hollow with a cheap plastic tube in the middle which will crack under any real stress.

£85 ish for:

the book
set of 5 resistance bands 10-150 lbs
massage ball sock
6 lacrosse balls

compared to the uk it's like £45 just for the book, so a great deal there imo. i know you can just download the book in pdf form for free (piracy) but i want a hard copy. plus the pdf is very low quality picture wise, etc.

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom