• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

icecold's training log

Man of Honour
OP
Training 13/03/13

Deadlift
RDL bar x lots, 60x12
100x5
140x5 - belt feels really loose!
180x1
205x5x5 ~2 mins rest
Got videos of set 2 and 5, and there's a significant difference in fatigue! :D
Feeling good, glutes are still ruined though. Going to start relaxing the rests gradually, but still aiming to push myself metabolically rather than be a lazy ****

Dips
bw x 10
15x8
25x8
40x8x4 <2 mins rest
Also feeling good. I'm going to push for a PB even with these gay rests

Good morning beltless
60x8
100x5
140x6x3 much harder than last session! Not much more to be added here

Skull crushers
bar + 30kg x12x3 - <2 min rests
For the first time ever, I tried being a bit more sloppy with my form. Significantly harder and more pump! Kind of suggests I was doing it badly before...

Snatch grip RDL with long-ish pause
60x5
100x5
140x6x3
Not fun! But also awesome

Tricep rope up/down superset <60 second rests
12/12 x3

Rushed session, but a good one.

Morning bw: 89kg

Gains.

Man of Honour
OP
Saw my physio today for some shoulder jabbing. Quite literally in fact, he resorted to dry needling my teres minor and other rotator cuff bits because they'd gotten so broken. Then he pealed the skin off my pec.

Also, he said that I was now massive and leaner. That is all the gains confirmation that I needed.

Man of Honour
OP
I'm sure he's wrong about the leanness, it's probably because he saw me carb depleted pre-comp.

Yeah my shoulder is entirely due to my pec. Everything else has happened as a consequence.

Man of Honour
OP
Not for ages, I can't bench at all at the moment! :D I meant the last time my physio saw me was the week before our last comp when I was carb depleted, so I was looking a lot less joocy than right now.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I feel like it's not worth competing until around May time, but doesn't look like much on. I'm on holiday for 2 weeks in June then it's probably training up till nationals.

Man of Honour
OP
I have a theory that I'm shortly going to approach the level of muscle my body wants to sit at given eating habits/whatever. I don't plan on stopping gaining weight until I get to around 93kg, so it could get interesting.

Back
Top Bottom