• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

icecold's training log

Man of Honour
OP
Training 23/03/13

HHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG

Squats
bar x lots
60x12
100x5
140x5
160x1
180x1
200x1
212.5x3
220x3 P-MOTHA-FLIPPIN-B. Actually at depth PB too.
140x20 sexual drop set gains. Also a PB, and easy XD

BOR
60x some
80x12x3

Bench
bar x20
60x5
80x5x5 no pain PB. Tidied a few things up too. Progress!

Short but delicious session. It's safe to say that there is a squat 1rm PB for the taking, not sure if it's worth doing it or just going into another similar block...

J437pUr.gif

Associate
220x3 P-MOTHA-FLIPPIN-B. Actually at depth PB too.
140x20 sexual drop set gains. Also a PB, and easy XD

.....just crazy mate! congrtas oin the PB..but im more impressed by the 140 x 20 :D

Man of Honour
OP
Cheers bros.

I've decided that I'm not going to go for an actual PB in the next two weeks. At the moment I'm all about the swolertrophy gains. If I was feeling in need of a deload then I probably would, but I feel strangely fresh. Clearly not working out hard enough.

I think I'm going to leave completely in shock at what the human body can do after the bro down....

kd
Only if Steedie is feeling particularly randy.
.....just crazy mate! congrtas oin the PB..but im more impressed by the 140 x 20 :D
Well there's more reps or weight there if I can find a non-stupid time to do them ;)

Not sure which I'd prefer...

Man of Honour
OP
Oi, don't question the science :mad:

Squats probably be ready as that will be the middle of a block of swolerfying, but deadlifts are more likely...

Soldato
I thought you were in sheep land then?

kd

There's room for two DYEL'ers don't worry :D (can't really count myself out of this catergory yet, but for th sake of banter I will!)

Hopefully all kinds of gains to be had that day. I am at the end of my 3rd cycle Deload that week, and hopefully I can't get past this stupid lower ab issue as I want another dl pb, or a repeat at 170 at least! Squats are looking promising to for me. Fingers crossed.

Soldato
There's room for two DYEL'ers don't worry :D (can't really count myself out of this catergory yet, but for th sake of banter I will!)

Hopefully all kinds of gains to be had that day. I am at the end of my 3rd cycle Deload that week, and hopefully I can't get past this stupid lower ab issue as I want another dl pb, or a repeat at 170 at least! Squats are looking promising to for me. Fingers crossed.

I'm just hoping I'm not in snap city for it xD

kd

Man of Honour
OP
25/03/13

Squats
bar x lots
60x12
100x5
140x5
160x1
180x1
195x2 short rest
195x2 short rest
195x2 short rest
195x2 not short rest D:
195x2
195x2
Tight, slow and fatigued today. Regardless, I was determined to make these even deeper than normal, which of course killed me even more.

Bench
bar x lots
60x5
82.5x5x5
Still improving. These aren't exactly challenging, but previously I've been struggling to keep my shoulder perfect. On the second set today a high rib popped at my sternum and suddenly everything was easier. Why is my body so weird.

High bar beltless squats
100x5
120x5
150x8x3 PB, and beltless PB for any squat variant I think
These felt incredibly hard today, and raped my already fatigued body further into drooping mess territory. Happy with the progress though, and they still somehow feel medicinal for my leg tightness - probably something to do with my arse being practically on my ankles at the bottom of the rep.

OHP
40x8
45x8
50x8x2
50x9 - got carried away and forgot what I was doing
These were nice, I think they've gotten stronger while not doing them. The best kind of gains. A few reps got away from me in terms of shoulder positioning, but they mostly feel really good.

BB curl
12x3

YTWL
15x2

21s
some weight x 2 sets
These are truly the phaggottiest exercise I've ever done. And by phaggottiest, I mean swol

Je suis le ruined.

Edit: Oh yeah, bodyweight this morning: 91.6kg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Yeah if it wasn't for my oly shoes I would have snapped in half by now. If I wasn't so tired I would laugh at the mere concept of me being able to go anywhere near ATG barefoot.

To be fair this seems to be helping my ankle range a lot, although sometimes I'm reminded with a large crack who the real boss is.

Back
Top Bottom