IEMs (In-Ear Monitors)

Soldato
So I've recently discovered the world of IEMs and I feel like I have a lot to learn. I bought a pair of SIMGOT EW200 IEMs the other day and I'm blown away by how it good sounds when you take into account they were £38 brand new. I have it plugged into my DAC (FIIO JadeAudio KA3) and I'm loving it. I've been doing some research and have bought the 7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 just now that are due tomorrow for £21 and I'm wondering how the two will compare to each other.

Does anyone else use (wired) IEMs?

Yeah. Got several pairs that I switch between. Although for daily use I now use Technics AZ80 bluetooth IEMs. For bluetooth, they sound fantastic.

Got Shure SE530's (which need cable replacement), Shure SE535's, KZ KZ10 Pro's (real cheap and surprisingly nice) ACS T1 (Not cheap and exceptionally good.) Have some other Chi-fi specials around but they don't get used as much so I can't remember what they are. :D

Really like to use Comply foam ear tip with them them. So much more isolation and comfort with them. Have to replace them every month or so though, and they're not cheap so I've been trying to find cheaper replacements but with no success yet. Also have a Fiio BTR5 so I can use some of the wired on the move. It's very nice. USB DAC and amp. Works nicely with my phone. However, also has bluetooth so can also be used to make wired headphones wireless, although I've not really used that.

I bought a pair of simgot em6l for gaming and they’ve been great. Took a bit of getting used to but the audio clarity is great.

I'm happy with my budget sound magic. Used for portable so wouldn't risk expensive ones

Forgive my ignorance but is this (IEM) a different category of product to in ear headphones and if so what is the distinguishing feature(s)?

So I've recently discovered the world of IEMs and I feel like I have a lot to learn. I bought a pair of SIMGOT EW200 IEMs the other day and I'm blown away by how it good sounds when you take into account they were £38 brand new. I have it plugged into my DAC (FIIO JadeAudio KA3) and I'm loving it. I've been doing some research and have bought the 7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 just now that are due tomorrow for £21 and I'm wondering how the two will compare to each other.

Its pretty amazing the quality of sound a cheap IEM can achieve. My DT 990 pro's were starting to hurt one of my ears so I bought the 7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 as a stop gap & they really are great for such a small outlay. I do however find the in your ear thing annoying (also the way they loop over my ears). Yet to receive them but my next headphones will be Sennheiser HD 560's, will be interesting to see how they compare.

I also own the EW200 and find them good for the price but then I like the brighter tuning that the EW200 has.

Chi-fi has come a long way in the last year or so and brands like Simgot are delivering excellent value for money.

I would recommend to watch Akros on YouTube, he is a wealth of knowledge and passionate about the hobby, the shear amount of IEM's he owns is staggering.

I also own the EW200 and find them good for the price but then I like the brighter tuning that the EW200 has.

Chi-fi has come a long way in the last year or so and brands like Simgot are delivering excellent value for money.

I would recommend to watch Akros on YouTube, he is a wealth of knowledge and passionate about the hobby, the shear amount of IEM's he owns is staggering.
Cool. Thanks. I'll check that channel out.

Back
Top Bottom