If you found £20 in a cash machine........

Associate
Would you

A. Take it and not feel quilty about spending it as its their own stupid fault.

B. Hand it in.

C. Other ........

Last edited:
Soldato
Take it and buy lunch. If I went to a cash machine and managed to forget the main part of the whole thing, I wouldn't expect to get it back.

Caporegime
first id get two slices of bread , some pepper and some ground tumeric .

fry off a little garlic and make a nice fresh mayo place note in bread and drizzle with olive oil .

Soldato
If I remember correctly notes hang out cash machines for a while and then get sucked back in. So if you find a note at an ATM, it's likely the owner is nearby so I'd probably try and give it to the person who just recently used the cash machine. If I can't find him/her, then it's mine - Who else would you give it to?

Soldato
I'm pretty sure if I was sober I'd hand it in to the bank, on a 'night out' I'd probably be so dazed and confused that it'd go in my wallet.

Soldato
I think what a plonker and then enjoy a nandos, on them.

An american friend who moved here to study did this 18 months ago.

Except it was with £200. She's blonde and a yank, go figure.

Soldato
I found a fiver outside sainsbury's yesterday when I was getting cash and I handed it in so would probably hand it in/ let it go back in the machine.

Soldato
I found a fiver outside sainsbury's yesterday when I was getting cash and I handed it in so would probably hand it in/ let it go back in the machine.

I was at a self-service checkout at the supermarket one day last year and found a £10 note (where the change comes out) - I handed it to the supervisor at the tills at the time, but I immediately regretted it - You just know he pocketed it :p

Associate
If I remember correctly notes hang out cash machines for a while and then get sucked back in. So if you find a note at an ATM, it's likely the owner is nearby so I'd probably try and give it to the person who just recently used the cash machine. If I can't find him/her, then it's mine - Who else would you give it to?

This.

Happened to me months ago, saw a guy walk off as I was goin to cash machine and he'd left £30 sitting there and was up the other end of the street (must take a while to suck it back in!) so I took it out and chased him down as I had seen him leave the cash point. If I hadn't seen that person I would have taken it however. Their loss for being mentally retarded.

Top Bottom