If you found a phone...

Capodecina
Soldato
I would return the 'phone

Yes, I would return the 'phone.

It sounds very much as though your friends are thieving ***** scum; I would suggest that you find some new friends who are less likely to rob you blind at the first opportunity.

Soldato
I found a phone a few days ago (did not even check what it was though, but was a smartphone like iphone 3 or Sammy). Handed it in at the venue where I was and continued with my business. Did not even cross my mind to consider keeping it.

I'd give it back without a second thought.

If it's blocked then its worthless to you so you might as well give it back.

It's a shame to read stories of people who get their phone back and then don't have the common sense to say thank you.

With a lot of phones now having a locked screen it's harder for the finder to call you if the phone is lost. I think I might make sure there is a contact number writen/stuck to the back of the phone or case so that if it's lost they could phone me or someone I know from another phone.

Soldato
If I can get into it, i'd look for Mum, Dad, Home or similar, call those and say i've got it (After looking through pics and facebook for lolz :p)

If not, hand it in at local police station.

No point in me keeping it, it will get locked, even if it doesn't I couldnt live with the guilt :(

last year at fairbourne wales a car drove off with a bag on the roof, it fell off and they did not notice, found a wallet, purse, 2 iphones and more in it, after a fair few call we managed to find the owners, they were well happy that it was returned as it would have ruined their weekend away

Soldato
I must say, not all people are like the OP's friends. A few weeks ago, I came out of a shop in South Shields and entirely missed my pocket while putting my wallet back. The next morning on the way out to college I couldn't find it, and just thought I'd put it down somewhere in the flat and so wasn't unduly worried that I couldn't find it. At lunch on the way back to the flat I called into the same shop, whereupon I'm asked my name by the assistant, puzzled, I tell her, and then I'm handed my wallet, with everything present and correct including the £20 cash I had on me at the time. I asked whether the person who found it had left contact details, but alas they hadn't.

I was rather astonished by it all to be honest. :)

Associate
When I was younger I found a Nokia phone (top notch one at the time) and I handed it in to a senior teacher because I couldn't enter the sixth form area of the school. It had a small photo of her and a friend on the back so I knew (not personally but I knew the face) who it belonged to.

I never knew if she got it back but I assume she did. I had P.E next and in the changing room I was talking to someone about it and this well off chav scolded me and said I should have kept it and that I was an idiot. I don't regret handing it in because it wasn't mine.

Soldato
Would also return a phone if I found it phones these days have allot of pictures that could be the only memories someone has. But with the amount of locks phones have if owners are going to set up the locks they should at least set up the feature to flash a message and contact number on them like the iphone etc.

Associate
Would not cross my mind for even a second to keep a phone, or anything that wasn't my mind for that matter.

I know how I'd feel if I lost something, and some ***** scumbag didn't attempt to return it to me, and kept it.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
I'd definitely return a found phone to it's rightful owner.

Having been on the other end of this just a few days ago, it strengthens my resolve to this even more!

I must have dropped my phone getting out the car on the way home from work because I had it in the car but didn't have it in the house.
I'd assumed i'd left it in the car (not mine - i carpool some days) or at work so didn't realise it was actually gone for about 24 hours.

Logged into my Vodafone account thing to see more than £150 of international calls racked up :mad:

Thieving ****ers...

Soldato
I see keeping the phone as tantamount to theft. I'd definitely find out whose phone it is and get it sent back to them. Some people are damn ungrateful though. I Once found a USB stick at an underground station, found out which company it belonged to, phoned them up and I was told whose it was. I returned it to the owner via recorded delivery at my own expense and didn't even get a thank you. I would give something as a thank you gift if someone returned my lost property.

Back
Top Bottom