• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

If your in dout about PPU's ..OMG !

welshtom said:
The one on the right looks OTT to me

yeah there is that too it aswell,, the explosions are pretty much like the physics one on the 360 but without all the extended bits that rain down afterwards, the physix vid has a bit too much imoa, imagine if there is about 3-4 explosions in succesion like that happening on screen, you wont be able to see for about 5 mins lol.

G.O.A.T said:
Just trying to contemplate how on earth someone could think this would not be 'game specific?' :confused:
I thought as it is a add in card the system would recognise the card and offload the CPU automatically in games.

But it looks I was wrong and the card is more for extra IQ than faster speed, $299 for a OTT explosion in only a few games looks like it will be hard to justify spending a lot of money on.

But maybe there are lots more IQ differences

Last edited:
think of it like the Havoc physics model for HL2, games supporting physics will still have basic (Havoc-like) physics processed by the CPU, but if they detect a hardware PPU then the phyics become more awesome and your CPU has far less work to do which will result in a higher frame-rate.

we've already seen how physics can add a lot to games and not just graphically, just look at half life 2! Now think of those kind of physics on a massive massive scale (think wavey hair or fully demolishable buildings brick by brick)

A CPU will come nowhere near to what a dedictated PPU can achieve, just like a CPU cant come close to what a GPU can!

Last edited:
n3x said:
we've already seen how physics can add a lot to games and not just graphically, just look at half life 2! Now think of those kind of physics on a massive massive scale (think wavey hair or fully demolishable buildings brick by brick)

A CPU will come nowhere near to what a dedictated PPU can achieve, just like a CPU cant come close to what a GPU can!
I wont pay £200 for another add in card, Ill wait till its integrated like onboard sound tbh.

megatron said:
I wont pay £200 for another add in card, Ill wait till its integrated like onboard sound tbh.

True I agree 150 - 200 is too expensive and i'll be holding off aswell.

TBH I don't really care that it looks that good as all you ever do is run around shooting at other peeps instead of looking around you.

Maybe not unreal tournament but cellfactor certainly seems to use physics in a very good way! + any games that use the unreal 3 engine will be able to take advantage :)

Back
Top Bottom