• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

If your in dout about PPU's ..OMG !

Pretty unimpressive video - only added a few bits of newtonian shrapnels - 200 quids...hmm bargin :rolleyes:

I want to be seeing fully-deformable environments for that amount of wedge.

Same... :p £200 smackeroos is a lot considering its barely used! think about it, £250 buys a nice 3d card which can be used all the time for gaming etc, so its worth buying, but this? its merely a counterpart of the GPU and CPU! and not really worth it in my eyes, however if i came into money its just another way of spending it i spose ;)

Once a few more games come out and they drop to under £150 they will be worthwhile.

Huxley and UT2007 will look great with one I imagine.

Hi there

They are available now from OcUK in pre-built systems as we have OEM versions in stock. :)

Retail versions which will be available to all will be in stock early-mid May. :)

ACESHIGH said:
dont think il be bothered with getting with one. Hopefully they wont sell well & be cancelled. :D

What a stupid comment, think of what a sorry state games would be in if graphics cards "didnt sell & got cancelled" :(

I really hope these do take off, could make a massive difference in a few years time.

Ageia went about this the wrong way though, I believe they already had a s/w Physics engine out there before releasing their PPU. They should have got that put into a lot of games and had it future-compatible with their PPU, so when the PPU got released they would already have a LOT of games that would get a speed gain from it.

welshtom said:
its funny that the source engine isnt far off that kind of stuff and its a year old.
My opinions of the valve programmers goes up almost daily :)

Tom
Being slightly pedantic... Valve used Havoc for HL2. The developers of the Havoc physics engine are the ones who should be getting your praise. :)

Back
Top Bottom