Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 Curve (1500R) 34” 1440 144Hz VA panel FreeSync Premium Pro

Associate
Thanks for the post Markwilliam82. But all looks the same for me.

I have also made a YT video with the issue. Made it in a dark environment so it will be most evident to film it but as result a grainy image.
I don't know if moving the mouse will activate the problem. It's also happening without moving.

Associate
Thanks again Markwilliam82, your input is very much appreciated. Although I fear this triggers more questions for you. :)
Would you be able to share the Nvidia driver version you use and driver your Windows uses for the monitor?

Associate
@markwilliams82 thanks for the info! I also checked for differences and indeed the only difference I could find is the name of the monitor.. So maybe there is something there.
Two questions:
Could you upload your config? Would be much appreciated
And second, you said you have bought more than one of these am I right? Do these also have the same name? Or do they start with "Idek Iiyama" in the NVIDIA control panel?

Associate
Both have the same name and in Windows and when I go into the graphic cards adaptor settings in the Device Manager, are against 'Generic PnP Monitor'

One on integrated Intel graphics and the other on nvidia drivers 451.67

Associate
Yeah that is the most recent Nvidia driver. I updated it this week with a hotfix version (451.85) but no difference. I also have Generic PnP Monitor. The driver versions says (translated from Dutch so terms might not be accurate).
Supplier: Microsoft
Date: 21-06-2006
Driver version: 10.0.19041.1
Digitally signed by: Microsoft Windows

I already tried removing the driver and then restart Windows with the monitor in g-sync/freesync mode to see if another driver would be loaded, but no.
I use Windows 10 Home 64-bit by the way.

The first things that come to mind is that maybe your Windows has a different driver for the monitor or you have a different batch of monitors. Not sure how to check the later. But maybe you can provide more details on the monitor driver in Windows?

Associate
Both have the same name and in Windows and when I go into the graphic cards adaptor settings in the Device Manager, are against 'Generic PnP Monitor'

One on integrated Intel graphics and the other on nvidia drivers 451.67

Thanks for the info. Could you export and upload your CRU config file so that I can import it and see if it helps?

Associate
Got mine today, looks ok so far, will test if it flickers with freesync later. I think that overdrive set to +2 looks ok, MBR looks awful fyi,
Might be down to my old 980ti but display port picture is considerably better than on hdmi.

Last edited:
Associate
So I get the flicker with the standard range pretty bad, 143hz seems less so but still consistent flickering.
edit- just tried 144hz with and without hdr and no freesync but the flicker remains. Got a club3d cable in the post, if that doesnt fix it, it may have to go back

Last edited:
Associate
I also received this monitor on the weekend and have got the flicker at 144Hz with FreeSync enabled, it's intermittent but very subtle at times. I have been trying different configurations in CRU also and found that changing the FreeSync range to 48-143Hz did fix the flicker but in reality it seems to be disabling FreeSync altogether as it does not appear enabled on the OSD.
I have got an RX 5700 XT and have considered going back a few Adrenalin versions to try and see if this is GPU driver related.
I suspect however that this might require a specific driver/firmware from Iiyama to truly rectify, I have reached out to their customer support to see what they suggest in terms of actions for the time being.

This is the only issue with the panel as otherwise all the other attributes of the monitor are great and I have been using the screen for work with FreeSync off and it has been fantastic.

Associate
Yeah I have turned off my 143hz in CRU fix as it was causing some games to go mad.

My 144hz flicker has got better somewhat? It used to do it all the time. Now it occasionally doesn’t. It’s very wierd. How would a Iiyama firmware update be applied would it be a graphics card driver fix or? As I still reluctant to RMA as it’s great when it’s working and it’s so much hassle.

Associate
As a follow up to my last post it actually annoys me that it occasionally works as sods law it will work perfectly when if it gets RMAed for a bit and I will get told there’s no problems.

Associate
Associate
As a follow up to my last post it actually annoys me that it occasionally works as sods law it will work perfectly when if it gets RMAed for a bit and I will get told there’s no problems.

Yeah I have to agree. I find when playing Call of Duty where my average FPS is about 80, I find not only the frequency of the flickers reduces but in the midst of the game I hardly notice the subtle flickers in fact. The FreeSync itself works really well and the image is very smooth. All in all quite strange, but feels 'fixable'.

Associate
OP
OK? You gave up very soon. Although I can understand. I don't think it can and will be solved by not returning it.
Just curious what your next screen will be?

I actually don't know atm.... I have a Lg34gn850 on its way. But it's way more I would pay for a monitor. At least I can see if it's worth almost double the price. It's IPS vs VA.
Also the Coolermaster GM-34CW i have been looking at. Same panel as Iiyama.... But no reports of flickering. But also a third more expensive than Iiyama.

Hi @Justdigit let us know how you get on with the LG - am very curious if the extra £ is worth it, as you say. At the moment I am thinking whether to order the Flat IPS Iiyama GB3461 and be prepared for another (longer?) wait. I really want an UW for work reasons more than gaming (but gaming is a bonus!). I prefer a curved screen also - but for my budget this is not going to be an option, if I want freesync and no flickering etc. At the moment I am thinking perhaps I accept the Flat screen Iiyama and consider upgrading in 2-3 years for a curved screen that can also do HDR (HDR600+). The backup was going to be the non-UW Dell (S3220DGF) - but the possible risk of flickering has put me off, given the Iiyama experience. So currently a non-UW option might be something like the new Dell S2721DGF - which looks interesting). I really did like this Iiyama screen for the value, looks, even the joystick menu (with blue LED which fits in with my theme!), good paper specs etc. Just so frustrating about that flicker! It was a deal breaker for me. OcUK provided excellent customer service. I really hope Iiyama put out a fix for those that keep them, soon.

@markwilliams82 - really pleased both of your screens are working as intended. Thank you for the support answering everyone's questions. All the best.

Associate
Hi @Justdigit let us know how you get on with the LG - am very curious if the extra £ is worth it, as you say. At the moment I am thinking whether to order the Flat IPS Iiyama GB3461 and be prepared for another (longer?) wait. I really want an UW for work reasons more than gaming (but gaming is a bonus!). I prefer a curved screen also - but for my budget this is not going to be an option, if I want freesync and no flickering etc. At the moment I am thinking perhaps I accept the Flat screen Iiyama and consider upgrading in 2-3 years for a curved screen that can also do HDR (HDR600+). The backup was going to be the non-UW Dell (S3220DGF) - but the possible risk of flickering has put me off, given the Iiyama experience. So currently a non-UW option might be something like the new Dell S2721DGF - which looks interesting). I really did like this Iiyama screen for the value, looks, even the joystick menu (with blue LED which fits in with my theme!), good paper specs etc. Just so frustrating about that flicker! It was a deal breaker for me. I really hope Iiyama put out a fix for those that keep them, soon.

@markwilliams82 - really pleased both of your screens are working as intended. Thank you for the support answering everyone's questions. All the best.

Thanks, I'm really sorry so many of you are having issues. The screens are brilliant so they are worth persevering with

Back
Top Bottom