Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 Curve (1500R) 34” 1440 144Hz VA panel FreeSync Premium Pro

Associate
Today a (dutch) Iiyama technical service manager came at my house.
They have installed new firmware on my monitor. I am going to test it this weekend. And have promised to have radio silence on the result until end of this weekend.

Kudos to Iiyama to take this issue serious and act very fast on this subject.... Great service!!

@TTRajah

We don't have a lock down situation.... We and especially I am down to earth guy.... Especially on the whole Corona situation... But that's another discussion.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok I tried that method

I dont want to say the flicker is gone just yet (pendulum demo is hit and miss, and below the 48hz the flicker is back) but playing doom around 90fps I didnt notice any, haven't got the better cable yet but this does seem to have massively helped, tried at 141hz. If you do it in CRU like described rather than a custom res in nvidia you can set the bit depth back to 10 :)

How do you change the bit depth?

Associate
How do you change the bit depth?
Currently on my 980ti so its not at 144hz as I would rather full range rgb than limited, but its all in nvidia control panel, if you make the custom refresh rate in CRU a few posts back, then the refresh rate will appear in the normal supported refresh rate drop down as well.
https://imgur.com/a/ZIcE91y

They have installed new firmware on my monitor. I am going to test it this weekend. And have promised to have radio silence on the result until end of this weekend.

Can you confirm this is something we can't do ourselves? Was it taken apart and the board flashed or a mere driver?

ZIcE91y

Associate
Currently on my 980ti so its not at 144hz as I would rather full range rgb than limited, but its all in nvidia control panel, if you make the custom refresh rate in CRU a few posts back, then the refresh rate will appear in the normal supported refresh rate drop down as well.
https://imgur.com/a/ZIcE91y

Can you confirm this is something we can't do ourselves? Was it taken apart and the board flashed or a mere driver?

ZIcE91y

You can't do it yourself it needs to be done with oem device and software... He plugged in a special device with software on laptop and flashed it. 5 Minute job.

So if the firmware is ok... They have to flash all their stock...

I guess owners who has it already the has to swap to another monitor.

This last is my own perception so don't take my word on it.

Associate
You can't do it yourself it needs to be done with oem device and software... He plugged in a special device with software on laptop and flashed it. 5 Minute job.

So if the firmware is ok... They have to flash all their stock...

I guess owners who has it already the has to swap to another monitor.

This last is my own perception so don't take my word on it.
Ah ok, I'll try again with that support form, see if I can get mine swapped when the fix is out.

Associate
I take it by peoples comments, and efforts by those far superior at altering settings, that this monitor is a no go for now?

If the problem is fixed you get a damn good monitor especially for the price.
Uniformity on the panel is great. Great contrast and no noticeable inputlag.

It's worth waiting for the fix.

Associate
I have a bit of an update on mine.

So I used it all day on my Laptop connected via HDMI to the dock - Not a single issue. No weird pops or inch lines across the screen.

My new 1.4 DP cable came which I have plugged into my PC (1060 3gb card) and not a single issue in the past 20 minutes that it has been running. The DP cable that came with the monitor is now in the dock for my laptop which will be tested monday.

The only flicker I get is when I play games (F1 in this case) back out of the game and if I right click on the desktop that will flicker, open something up and it is gone. I suspect that maybe a windows issue though? I also have a weird screen (looks like inverted colours) when a xbox live achievement pops up. Again I suspect this is an issue with Windows and HDR.

Is there anything I can do to see whether I get the same screen flickering issues that everyone else is facing? Since swapping the cables mine seems pretty perfect.

Edit: Nope - Mine is flickering like everyone else's now :(

Last edited:
Associate
Well frustratingly my monitor was delivered yesterday by DPD, despite requesting Sunday delivery since I was away from home last night.

It was left in the porch despite DPD advising they couldn’t leave it in a safe place and me requesting they leave it with a neighbour via the link they send you.

I returned home today and no monitor in the porch. Been in a queue for DPD support all morning although I’m not sure what they’ll do?

Associate
Just noticed a dead pixel in the middle of my screen :( Hopefully this software fix is rolled out quick so I can get the pixel and flicker sorted with one RMA.

I returned home today and no monitor in the porch. Been in a queue for DPD support all morning although I’m not sure what they’ll do?
Man that sucks, had it happen with a pc case once years ago from another online shop and they sent another, think the seller should have words with DPD for not delivering on the specified day!
You should get another one sent, so many consumer rights you'll be fine I'm sure.

LRT

LRT

Associate
So, I've seen in the tweekers (dutch) forum Iiyama managed to fix flickering but apparently flashing a unit is required and I reckon we might have to sent the monitors back? Hopefully this could be done from home instead?

Associate
I have tested the new firmware this weekend as also Iiyama and the flickering is gone.

So new firmware is approved by Iiyama.... And NO you cant do it yourself. Best is to contact you retailer.

Of course the new firmware is also tested by Iiyama officials.

Last edited:
Associate
Do we know if UK sellers have got an email to stop selling? Overclockers still have them on sale for instance. And would this be a case of back to reseller or iiyama?

Associate
I really don't know... I am not working at Iiyama... Just give the reseller a call.
Hmm iiyama repair center got back to me, asking if they would swap the panel or just flash it, as I have a dead pixel would be nice to get it swapped. If not yeah I'm well within the return period for the reseller.

Associate
Do we know if UK sellers have got an email to stop selling? Overclockers still have them on sale for instance. And would this be a case of back to reseller or iiyama?
Can only speak for a german reseller. Atm there is no official stop and he had no information about an issue regarding this monitor. However, after that I contacted iiyama and they offered me to pick up the monitor and install the new firmware.

Back
Top Bottom