Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
First proper mic.

IMG_20161001_155607_zpsubvhky1c.jpg

First triathlon last week

IMG_20161001_155951_zpszkhj5kml.jpg

Man of Honour
That monitor looks fantastic!

I dread to think how much it cost :p

Edit: just looked it up, not as much as I expected.

In the world of £1000+ monitors , it is actually quite reasonable.

Very nice!

I'm tempted by a curved screen but I do graphics work so probably not a good idea as I'll never get my lines straight. :o

Do you find the curve adds much to the experience?

It's a gentle curve, and i've only had it 24 hours - But yes i think it does add to visuals in gaming. I dabble in Photoshop, and a quick play around didn't throw up any problems for me.

curve is subtle on most if not all curved screens

they are perfect for monitors as usually only 1 person sitting straight on uses them. for tv's they are a bit of a gimmick unless it's a bedroom/spare room and you only have 1 or 2 people straight on from them.

as for experience they have their pros and cons. backlight issues, etc. i'd personally would want one with local dimming or OLED, the bigger you go the more importan that becomes.

Would agree with everything you stated, though i appear to have been pretty lucky with bleed on this one.

Soldato
HBbtC6H.jpg

I remember Spirited Away blew me away with its visual quality on a crappy old CRT TV on Channel4 some years ago so I'm looking forward to that the most.

I've not seen Ex_Machina before but since it was only a fiver, I thought it was worth a punt. :p

edit: Anyone want the Ex_Machina UltraViolet code? I have no use for it. First reply gets it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The distances are right there on the medal. :p IIRC, Olympic distances are 1.5/40/10 and that Ironman is 1.9/90/21.

I saw that so that is why I asked.
21KM is half the distance of a full marathon which is 42km (26.2 mile) so without Googling the other two are half the distances of a full triathlon.

I think there are 4 different length triathlons recognised by whatever sports body, the Olympics don't do the big one.

Soldato
Desk, monitor, mouse while I'm waiting for my m330 silent plus, keyboard, pads, swapped sandisk ssd from my x230 to an 850 pro.
Potato pics sorry!

IMG_20161002_170120.png

Kenji digs it :)

IMG_20160929_214110.png

Soldato
Sent via the trust messaging thingy. You've been active this year so I assume it's all up to date. :)

edit: just noticed the registration page mentions entering a retailer. It was from HMV.

Soldato
Brilliant, thanks a lot Marc! Just tested it and it worked a treat.

Dropped you a trust (hope it's okay with the mods), thank you for the generosity.

Back
Top Bottom