Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Surely a small power bank would make more sense?

Not always, personally preference I guess.

For instance I used to use an iPod in my car via Aux, because I could t be bothered to connect up my phone every time I got in the car

I use Bluetooth now mind and stream most, but even that's a pain occasionally

Surely a small power bank would make more sense?
TBH if I wanted to listen to audio for a prolonged period away from a desk I would use an MP3 player too (albeit one that played FLAC/OGG as well), better battery than a phone and most mobile phones have actually gone downhill as MP3 player replacements since they all started removing their 3.5mm jacks lol.

Listening to audio on a phone uses hardly any battery at all.

Even with wireless headphones the iPhone XR gets 65 hours of music. 5 hours shouldn’t even be putting a dent in a good phones battery.

This was rather what I was thinking. I use BT headphones and it's not a concern if I use them for an hour or two in the morning. It doesn't really have much impact. It's a little like how my phone is connected to my watch all day. Bluetooth is so low power these days, it's not really an issue.

Look phones are great but arent the be all of everything. When I am out in the field picking up horse poo or doing building owkr in the barn conversion I am currently on with I use my mp3 player as I dont want to have my £800 phone with me and a chance to break it.

Same with taking photos. The camera is great on my Huaweii P20 pro but I still own a Sony A7iii.

Look phones are great but arent the be all of everything. When I am out in the field picking up horse poo or doing building owkr in the barn conversion I am currently on with I use my mp3 player as I dont want to have my £800 phone with me and a chance to break it.

Same with taking photos. The camera is great on my Huaweii P20 pro but I still own a Sony A7iii.

Quoted for the truth, one device, one failure you have nothing then until it's fixed. You certainly don't want to damage something that costs over 500 squid.

Quoted for the truth, one device, one failure you have nothing then until it's fixed. You certainly don't want to damage something that costs over 500 squid.

Like a Sony A7iii. Better to take a cheaper phone and use that instead ;)

I'm only mucking about of course. There's no right or wrong answer. Some of us prefer the convenience of the one item that does everything. Obviously some things do a specific job much better and we'd rather use them for that job.

I'd rather not have a 6 inch phone strapped to my arm when running/going the gym and just looking a bit meffy. Use my MP3 player every day for all things music and keep my phone locked away in my bag until I need it.

Obviously everyone’s situation is different but it does surprise me that people still have phones where music would make a significant impact to battery life.

Exercise, not wanting to damage and having to use the phone for something else are all good reason to get an MP3 player.

Personally I use streaming services for my music so I would use anything other than a phone. It is a pain when I go running or to the gym and have to have my phone in my pocket bouncing around though.

Also I think batteries in phones are pretty good tbh, especially when you consider the processing power and screens in a lot of them.

15" Henge Docks Vertical stand. I have the 13" one and I really like it and since I'm getting a 15" MBP I figured it would be a worthwhile purchase.

IzgBUPE.jpg

MLGu0y2.jpg

Desk needs a clean!

The battery life of devices are shocking, you would have thought been 2019 batteries would last a lot longer than they do now.

CPU power increase, bigger screen increase, more background apps being run than ever before...it just balances out whatever battery tech advancements are made and honestly it hasn't changed much since they started using Li ion.

Personally I use streaming services for my music so I would use anything other than a phone. It is a pain when I go running or to the gym and have to have my phone in my pocket bouncing around though.

This is a big factor when looking for shorts for me. I have some with small zip pockets and i barely notice my phone when out and about. Although i have started listening to music on my watch instead recently.

These also have an "inner" pocket for phones away from the main pocket.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CZLNJDC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back
Top Bottom