Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Maybe they need a new battery tech to be able to give 4 days worth of usage. 1 day isn't really acceptable for mild use IMO.

I think that's where wireless charging comes in.

Some cars have it now, i have a pad on my desk at work and a stand at home. If you can charge the battery when you just place it down then i'm very rarely at the point where i notice it's low.

I think that's where wireless charging comes in.

Some cars have it now, i have a pad on my desk at work and a stand at home. If you can charge the battery when you just place it down then i'm very rarely at the point where i notice it's low.

Would this not mean charging/discharging more means lower battery life all in all and more susceptible to requiring a battery replacement?

Would this not mean charging/discharging more means lower battery life all in all and more susceptible to requiring a battery replacement?
No. They recommend keeping the battery charged between 20%-80% for best results.

The heat will more likely damage the battery from wireless charging. I know my QI pad in my car makes my iPhone heat up a fair bit.

Linus tech tips did a video on this, or the idea that you should stop charging your phone to 100% and how to get more from the battery.

Yeh I see the theory behind it, I suppose if you use it then stick it on charge for 10 mins to 30 mins then not letting it get to 100% then keeping it around 50% all the time rather than 100%.

Maybe it would be nice to see a feature where the phone would only charge to lets say 70% leaving the 30% not charged. Maybe that would work been able to limit the charge amount aloud on the wireless charging functions max capacity.

Yeh I see the theory behind it, I suppose if you use it then stick it on charge for 10 mins to 30 mins then not letting it get to 100% then keeping it around 50% all the time rather than 100%.

That's what I have been doing with my XR now, it stays between 20-80% 99% of the time unless I know I am getting on a plane or shooting a wedding the next day.

Had my Xs since launch, and my battery health is at 95%. Which isn’t bad :) the cost of a battery these days is nothing tbh. So I’m not worried about the 100% thing.

My X has been on 86% health for about a year now. I'm convinced it's lower. As soon as my new work phone arrives I'll be taking the X to Apple.

My old xperia used to have a smart charge function. Overnight it would charge to 90% then do the last bit just before the alarm went off.

I've not seen this feature on another brand.

Maybe it would be nice to see a feature where the phone would only charge to lets say 70% leaving the 30% not charged. Maybe that would work been able to limit the charge amount aloud on the wireless charging functions max capacity.

It really would be a nice feature.

I use Accubattery to alert me to when it's reached whatever % charge I want. I'd also like it to cut off power at that point, but I imagine that takes quite some doing for a third party app?

Finally, the 3900X arrived.
48539483362_07e348be1d_o.jpg

aNm76Jh.jpg.png

30 multi coloured sharpies for £10 and a 10 pack of HB pencils from Tesco. Not sure what i'll even use them for, I only needed a black marker for writing on freezer bags...

20190815_180318_1.jpg

A personalised notebook gift for a friend who likes to keep goals, plans and ideas written down on paper. Really close friends are a rarity these days and this has become our thing over time :cool:

The quote is by St Jerome, a priest/theologian and highly learned chap who lived between 347-420 AD. I remembered the quote mostly because it embodies everything this friend has been mentally and physically working on to better their life and those around them.

For anyone interested, ordered from www.notonthehighstreet.com and can highly praise the quality and service.

Back
Top Bottom