Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Yeah, always coveted that one. There was always that 1 person that had it and used to mess around with the school tv!

I used to take great pleasure from being mischievous on our local high street turning all the TVs off in the windows of radio rentals, dixons etc.

I have been a subscriber to Unbox Therapy for a while now and wanted this mini samurai box opener. I also got 4 packs of my favourite cookies.

LLTvGm4h.jpg
7GMWJt9h.jpg
WAfET3Eh.jpg
8CpTdJ0h.jpg

New coffee machine...

rocket.jpg

Nice machine! What grinder are you using?

That looks suspiciously like a lock knife which I think are illegal!

Last time I checked lock knives are not illegal. They are treated as full tang/not folding knives, and you're not allowed to carry them in public without a valid reason. They are legally no different from the knives you have in your kitchen drawer. The police are not going to break down the door and bust you for opening parcels in your kitchen with it.

Last time I checked lock knives are not illegal. They are treated as full tang/not folding knives, and you're not allowed to carry them in public without a valid reason. They are legally no different from the knives you have in your kitchen drawer. The police are not going to break down the door and bust you for opening parcels in your kitchen with it.

They might!

It's still the same as the last time you checked. All ok.

Scaremongering Dis.

I not so sure, can't see any sort of locking mechanism there, just looks like a regular folding blade to me.

The lock would likely be inside the handle. It's a tang of metal that springs out against the back of the blade to stop it folding back until you press the tang sideways. It's actual a common way to make a folding blade very safe once it's open so that it doesn't fold back into your fingers when in use. Or it might be a catch on the other side of the handle.

Last edited:
That looks suspiciously like a lock knife which I think are illegal!

Just for future reference to put things straight.
https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives

Lock knives are not classed as folding knives and are illegal to carry in public without good reason. Lock knives:

• have blades that can be locked and refolded only by pressing a button
  • can include multi-tool knives - tools that also contain other devices such as a screwdriver or can opener

Back
Top Bottom