Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

I ordered one from ECP on the 13th and still hasn't arrived :rolleyes:

Battery or charger? I ordered a new battery too from ECP in anticipation that my old battery has broken cells and isn't able to hold a charge because it's been sitting flat for a while but if the ctek above says it's all good then I'll just return the battery to ECP no worries. Ordered on Saturday though so not expecting delivery until tomorrow (local ECP warehouse is few miles away) but we shall see.

Battery or charger? I ordered a new battery too from ECP in anticipation that my old battery has broken cells and isn't able to hold a charge because it's been sitting flat for a while but if the ctek above says it's all good then I'll just return the battery to ECP no worries. Ordered on Saturday though so not expecting delivery until tomorrow (local ECP warehouse is few miles away) but we shall see.
Charger. Had 3 other items in the same order 2 of which have arrived (separately) by DHL last week. Just had an email for another delivery today so bet its not the charger!

Also made another order for oil, filters etc for both cars on the 20th which arrived on the 21st but that was in an ECP van so must have come from "local" one.

It's only for the clio so not a huge issue as my other car is fine. If I had only the clio I'd have had to call recovery so I could go shopping though!

E: parcel just arrived. Still no charger. Ffs

Charger. Had 3 other items in the same order 2 of which have arrived (separately) by DHL last week. Just had an email for another delivery today so bet its not the charger!

Also made another order for oil, filters etc for both cars on the 20th which arrived on the 21st but that was in an ECP van so must have come from "local" one.

It's only for the clio so not a huge issue as my other car is fine. If I had only the clio I'd have had to call recovery so I could go shopping though!

E: parcel just arrived. Still no charger. Ffs

Ah I ordered teh charger off Amazon which was quite cheap at £71 I thought. Ordered Saturday and arrived Sunday :cool:

Killer WiFi is soldered in my xps13 :( thankfully driver updates have improved it as it was always dropping out to start with.

You can disable it in the BIOS and install an Intel one easily enough in a free expansion slot. Even my PC mobo came with a killer card and whilst the later driver was fine, I would get weird IP issues so sacked it off and used the Intel one instead (mobo has dual LAN).

You can disable it in the BIOS and install an Intel one easily enough in a free expansion slot. Even my PC mobo came with a killer card and whilst the later driver was fine, I would get weird IP issues so sacked it off and used the Intel one instead (mobo has dual LAN).

There are no expansion slots at all the only replaceable part is the M.2 drive unfortunately.

Intel wireless card to replace the awful Killer one installed in my XPS 15.

I have no end of problems with sleeping/resuming my XPS. I usually use hibernate but every so often it fails to resume (keyboard lights up but display doesn't turn on). When that happens I seem to have to close the lid, wait a few seconds for it to power down, then it'll start but losing my hibernation state.

I'm fairly sure it might be related to the Killer wifi card - don't suppose you've had these issues have you?

I had the motherboard changed twice when it was still in warranty because it had coil whine and I'm pretty sure the problem has persisted across them all.

A new (to me) Intel 10 Gbit NIC for my PC as the old one wasn't working with ESXi 7.0. New one on the right.

vKDWuhp.jpg

Just waiting on the correct PCI bracket for it now.

Lockdown flattened by car battery so had to buy a charger :s

ctekmxs5.0.jpg

Great choice. Love mine.

Nice!
How did you get that brick effect? is it real bricks?

Real stone yes, the barn is 300 years old.

Nice, will you keep the brick work exposed and make a feature of it?

Yes, leaving it exposed. That is the final look apart from cleaning the stone up a bit from where the cement has stained it, Its just been pointed so wanted to share as it looks so damn good :)

Last edited:
No mancave is complete without a pool table. Where will that go??

Alas something had to give as I wasnt allowed to take up anymore more space.

However I have plumbed in wiring for Dolby ATmos and there is space on the wall for a new OLED screen to go with my pc :) Got a big comfy squishy sofa bought too for in there and a beer fridge :)

Also the studwalls are double soundproof plasterboard with sound deadening material inside the 100mm thick wall to reduce the sound escaping (too much)

Excellent, I'd love to have a house made from stone, or at least something better than the standard red bring around here.

Its not only lovely to look at but all the rooms are massive, the ceiling are all 3m high on the ground and first floor, there is room to convert the loft later if needed.

Biggest bonus is the walls are between 2 and 3 foot thick so it stays cool in summer and (once heated) stays warm in winter :)

Back
Top Bottom