Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Man of Honour
What if you want to listen to music though?

Well believe it or not you get headphones that plug straight into it and an adapter for your own headphones.
Don't believe the hype.

Oh and course Bluetooth.

iphonephones.jpg

That was posted by an Android Fanboy

Soldato
Haters gonna try and hate. I guess. As I said I'm pro android and pro apple. The headphone port situation is a non issue for me. I rarely sit on a bus or go for a walk to listen to music. It goes through my Bluetooth on my head unit in my car.

Man of Honour
The apple headphones are Cack

Fact

The internal DAC on the iphone is Cack

Fact

The only way is some decent phones and and an external DAC

I have an iphone 6

However they are mainly worn by females who don't care about quality so not an issue (and that goes for the majority of Android also).
Even when they have a decent DAC a £10 pair of headphones are used.

Soldato
I'm sure it won't be long until we see some Lightning-based external DACs for the iPhone.

lightning has been around for some time now and they haven't really appeared.

at least the old 30 pin there was a plethora of 30 pin to 3.5mm or USB connectors could be used with an external DAC or AMP (the old iPhone onboard wasn't that bad to start, just needed more power).

if i remember rightly the problem is with the chip in the lightning connector which allows multiple pins to be used for multiple things (so you can plug it in either way around etc). there are apple certified DAC that can be used with offical lightning usb cables but they're not cheap as you'd expect.

Soldato
Indeed. I don't think iPhone has ever been the sole focus and product for an audiophile. They need a proper player. :) as I said, people will always bitch about a non issue such as missing headphone jack.

Soldato
lightning has been around for some time now and they haven't really appeared.

But there hasn't been a need in the past.

if i remember rightly the problem is with the chip in the lightning connector which allows multiple pins to be used for multiple things (so you can plug it in either way around etc). there are apple certified DAC that can be used with offical lightning usb cables but they're not cheap as you'd expect.

Apple's official Lightning -> 3.5mm adaptor contains a DAC and costs £9. I'm sure others can do it better/cheaper.

Caporegime
£680! Talk about being rogered from behind, hard and dry. And now the earphones are wireless so you can't even strangle yourself for blowing so much. Spend half that on the superior S7 Edge and blow the rest on blackjack and hookers. Job done.

Back
Top Bottom