Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Caporegime
Do they cost more than a normal 5 series? What's the benefit of that kind of car, or is it just style preference?

Style, thats it really. In a lot of ways they are far inferior to the 5 series.

Personnaly I have always found the BMW X series to be pig ugly, the x1,x3 and x5 and come with several thousand pound premium over the 1,3,5 series to get those awful looks.

And although they look bigger, internal space can sometimes be less.

The only positives you get is high seating position and ground clearance. For 99% of the places these are used, neither is useful.

Soldato
:eek: Them parking spaces look very narrow :eek:

Wouldn't want to park my new car in there..

The space is fine, the ridiculously big car on the other hand :p

Used to live in a place with an underground carpark, the spaces in that were tiny as well. Neighbours bashing your car doesn't build strong communities.

Associate
https://imgur.com/gallery/MLFol

Mine and the Mrs' first house (which we own)

Only a little two bed but doesn't need any work other than our (her) little touches.

Get the keys Thursday and I'm working away for 3 weeks Wednesday. Typical.

Edit. Hmmm can't get image to work on phone :/

Size of new houses these days is a scandal. That barely looks adequate for one person. Minimum should be at least two of those. Mate of mine got one 3 months ago and the ceiling height was just ridiculous. :(

Soldato
Agreed. looks impossible to get in the drivers seat of any car without hitting the car next to you?

It's just a random carpark in Newcastle, I don't live there :p

Looks in very good condition

It is pretty low miles, still under warranty etc etc, a couple of stone chips but otherwise in very good nick.

Do they cost more than a normal 5 series? What's the benefit of that kind of car, or is it just style preference?

I didn't fancy the 5 series, this has 7 seats which will prove useful and a larger capacity boot since you can stack things high. Plus it'll be handy with most of my family living in the highlands for any winter weather and the like.

Cheers dude.

Style, thats it really. In a lot of ways they are far inferior to the 5 series.

Personnaly I have always found the BMW X series to be pig ugly, the x1,x3 and x5 and come with several thousand pound premium over the 1,3,5 series to get those awful looks.

And although they look bigger, internal space can sometimes be less.

The only positives you get is high seating position and ground clearance. For 99% of the places these are used, neither is useful.

In this case, interior space is more, other than it being marginally slower to 60, and a few mpg less, what is 'inferior' about it? It's based on the F10 5 series so has the same tech inside. Not having a go, just genuinely want to know what isn't as good.

Caporegime
It's just a random carpark in Newcastle, I don't live there :p

It is pretty low miles, still under warranty etc etc, a couple of stone chips but otherwise in very good nick.

I didn't fancy the 5 series, this has 7 seats which will prove useful and a larger capacity boot since you can stack things high. Plus it'll be handy with most of my family living in the highlands for any winter weather and the like.

Cheers dude.

In this case, interior space is more, other than it being marginally slower to 60, and a few mpg less, what is 'inferior' about it? It's based on the F10 5 series so has the same tech inside. Not having a go, just genuinely want to know what isn't as good.

Spec for spec its several thousand pounds more expensive. Slower, worse mpg, worse handling and you paid bmw several thousand pounds more to get that ;)

But point taken about the seven seats.

Soldato
Spec for spec its several thousand pounds more expensive. Slower, worse mpg, worse handling and you paid bmw several thousand pounds more to get that ;)

But point taken about the seven seats.

Ah ok, thought you meant that the actual 'spec' was somehow worse in terms of build or options and so forth.

The speed and handling don't bother me at all, I have an M3 for when I want that. Besides it's still sub 6 to 60, so not exactly slow :)

Back
Top Bottom