Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Is everyone scared of a bit of manual work these days? :p

There's an opportunity cost of manual work, which is the paid work or family time I could be doing instead.

I hope you don't have a dog and let it poop in your garden, could get messy!

No dog.

I guess with most (young) households having to work 50+ hours a week just to cover extortionate rents / mortgages and energy prices these days, the last thing they want to be doing when not at work is more (house)work!

Basically this.

I guess with most (young) households having to work 50+ hours a week just to cover extortionate rents / mortgages and energy prices these days, the last thing they want to be doing when not at work is more (house)work!

Speaking of this, what are you up to nowadays Wez? I seem to recall you getting out of the restaurant game (or Covid got you out which may be more likely...). I enjoyed following the updates.

Speaking of this, what are you up to nowadays Wez? I seem to recall you getting out of the restaurant game (or Covid got you out which may be more likely...). I enjoyed following the updates.

I'm in TV / Movie catering now, I cook for the cast and crew of tv shows and movies, I did the new LOTR series that comes out on Amazon this year, that was filmed during winter here last year, currently doing Sweet tooth season 2 filming here in Auckland, and in May, we've got season 2 of One of us is lying. It's an amazing job, pays well, I get to travel around, and largely, it's early mornings till mid afternoon, then the rest of the day off! I do however have to work the odd night shoot, but it's all good. I work with a great bunch of people.

Yep, the 1st round of Covid forced us to shut the restaurant, just didn't have the capital to sustain the $4400 rent every month with no income, Landlord didn't want to work with us and insisted full rent, so took a hit and lost our bond on the property and walked away.

Thanks for the tip @moon man. Went there today — the place is great and wife-approved!

I keep saying all the time I spend on this site is worthwhile. :D

Ha No worries ,another place worth a visit if you haven't been is Hardy exotics ,more of a once a year place to me but fits in nicely to a visit to St Michaels mount ,its like entering a jungle but the plants all have uk temp zones on them

Who says you need a large lawn to justify a robo mower to save time / laborious household tasks ? Do you also need a large lounge to justify a auto vacuum cleaner too?

Nobody. But you said people not having time because they're young families struggling to make ends meet was a reason. Which is why I asked do those families usually live in houses with very big gardens. C'mon, follow the convo!

gLTnQAh.png

Wanted a replacement laptop to replace company Chromebook, one I can take anywhere with a decent battery life; so plumped for a Dell XPS 9310. Photographs don't do it justice, its a really nice looking laptop.

The Chromebook was okay but let down by a dreadful screen. I always resort to using my Dell L502X which despite being 10 years old and used daily, has a terrific screen and never missed a beat; so now its time to retire (and restore).

Whilst higher resolution XPS models are available, 1920 x 1200 was my choice as it has a decent battery life and perfect for retro gaming!

Installed Quake 3 and running at 1600 x 1200 - perfect! :)

I’ve still got an L502X! Can’t bring myself to get rid because it’s fully functional except the battery’s now had it.

last used it in anger for my theory motorcycle test because it’s the last machine I own that has a disc player on it!

I need to shift a few pounds

No disrespect but just eat less. See loads of shall we say plus sized people running around, and fair enough it's good exercise (although you could argue running along main roads isn't due to all the exhaust fumes you'll breathe in), but ultimately running about for 30 to 60 minutes a few times a week isn't going to make most people lose weight, as l'll bet the increase in activity is just going to stimulate appetite more.

If you temper you're calorie intake so it's just below what you need daily you will lose weight and it'll be a lot easier to sustain and less noticeable in terms of effort.

No disrespect but just eat less. See loads of shall we say plus sized people running around, and fair enough it's good exercise (although you could argue running along main roads isn't due to all the exhaust fumes you'll breathe in), but ultimately running about for 30 to 60 minutes a few times a week isn't going to make most people lose weight, as l'll bet the increase in activity is just going to stimulate appetite more.

If you temper you're calorie intake so it's just below what you need daily you will lose weight and it'll be a lot easier to sustain and less noticeable in terms of effort.

That's already being done. This isn't just to lose weight, it's also something to do. I also cycle quite a bit already as well.

An unexpected stop by F&M yesterday whilst visiting family. Never been before, never intended to get anything either but Keemun is one of my favs so couldn't be helped.

F%20FandM_20220327_131133.jpg

So they can barely afford the bills, but they can afford a robot ?
Precisely.
You're missing the point. People killing themselves to buy big houses may want to do minimal mundane house work in down time. For example I pay for my work shirts to be dry cleaned as I couldn't imagine anything worse than an 80 hour week followed by 10 shirts wash dry and iron.

You're missing the point. People killing themselves to buy big houses may want to do minimal mundane house work in down time. For example I pay for my work shirts to be dry cleaned as I couldn't imagine anything worse than an 80 hour week followed by 10 shirts wash dry and iron.

Then don't get a house with a very large lawned area?

Back
Top Bottom