Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
Bought the Mrs an iron and board :D

20161203_141216.jpg

Your chain is too long mate. :rolleyes::D

Soldato
We've had that Sage glass kettle for about a year now at its great.

The whole point of the kettle is doesn't release potentially harmful chemicals into your drink like the usual plastic kettles. Drinks tastes great, better than other kettles we have had. What I also like about the kettle is you can easily see exactly how much water is in it.

£60 is chump change for something that is going to last you a longtime.

Some of you need to educate yourselves before making fun of other peoples purchases.

You've got to be a troll. Though to be fair, that kettle does come with free tips such as this:

Heston's Tip: "Dunking your biscuit to make it moist, as well as rehydrating your mouth with a well brewed cuppa, allows your taste buds to detect more flavour and your nose to detect more aroma because your tongue and nasal passages become both warm and moist. The flavour release happens more quickly and is more intense."

I'm so happy I am me.

Soldato
I *LOVE* it on here when people get their knickers in a twist when someone has the audacity to spend their hard earned money on something that costs more than they'd want to spend on a particular item. I shouldn't mention that I've got the 4 slice Heston by Sage toaster which cost about £150.

Anyway. My recent purchases. When 1 switch isn't enough, buy 3.
pbvt0rT.jpg

Associate
I *LOVE* it on here when people get their knickers in a twist when someone has the audacity to spend their hard earned money on something that costs more than they'd want to spend on a particular item. I shouldn't mention that I've got the 4 slice Heston by Sage toaster which cost about £150.

pbvt0rT.jpg

They are fancy! Just looked this brand up oh my :o looks awesome might be my next leap to replace my openwrt router in the future.

Soldato

pbvt0rT.jpg

Reasonable price for the specs (PoE, SFP etc.) Are you using the PoE for access points?

Soldato
They are fancy! Just looked this brand up oh my :o looks awesome might be my next leap to replace my openwrt router in the future.

It's good kit. The controller is very much a work in progress so there's a number of things you can't do. For example, there's no (easy) way of fixing speed and duplex settings on the USG (their small router).

Things that you can't currently do in the controller can most likely be done on the CLI but the CLI is utterly maddening. You can't just add stuff into the CLI and save it. Oh no. You need to add the config to a particular file on the controller which then gets read when the device is provisioned.

Reasonable price for the specs (PoE, SFP etc.) Are you using the PoE for access points?

Yep. 24v passive PoE for the access points, PoE for my IP Phone and Raspberry Pi.

They do a 16 port which would be more suitable for use in teh study but the 8 port units are fanless and the 16 port units have a fan. I spend a lot of time in here so a whiny fan would annoy me hence going for 2 x 8 port units.

For now they're linked using cat 6 but I've got some SFP's and fibre knocking about at work so next time I'm in I'll grab them and free up a couple of ethernet ports.

Soldato
Noticed someone else here has bought Unifi.
It seems excessive for home use, or am I missing something as to what it does?

It's not excessive for me. I need PoE, wifi, switching & routing and like having it all managed through a single interface. With Ubiquiti kit that's what I get.

If you think it's excessive then don't buy it for yourself. Simple.

That's a lot of PoE. Would be interested to know a bit more, surely you can't have that many APs?! :D

No, just 2 access points and a total of 6 devices using PoE. I could have got away with just 2 PoE switches due to where the PoE powered kit is located but thought I may as well have all the switches the same.

Soldato
Noticed someone else here has bought Unifi.
It seems excessive for home use, or am I missing something as to what it does?

I have 3x Unifi AC Pro APs.
2 indoor and 1 outdoor. 1 SSID, no issues walking around garden and indoor as it hands over great. It's not that expensive and all PoE. The controller is excellent too.

Really surprised and disappointed that OCUK don't sell Ubiquiti stuff.

Back
Top Bottom