Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
New world mouse mat, old one started to get a bit flat on the edges where the arm rests the most and can't be having that, not bad for 2 years of service though for under £20. This time with a splash of colour. Also some smells. Excuse the mess, testing some new controllers :cool:

w2Jdcwl.jpeg

Soldato
New world mouse mat, old one started to get a bit flat on the edges where the arm rests the most and can't be having that, not bad for 2 years of service though for under £20. This time with a splash of colour. Also some smells. Excuse the mess, testing some new controllers :cool:

w2Jdcwl.jpeg

I just wish people would tidy up, dust and present properly when taking photos.......

• Haha
Reactions: mrk
Soldato
Was looking forward to delivery of this air compressor for use in my workshop. I had already bought a hose/air jet (for cleaning) and made a bracket to wrap it around for storage. I simply don't have room for a retractable hose.

Well after opening the box I found the machine was damaged, it was very poorly packed and a hard impact on the front end had damaged the regulator (which protrudes furthest and was just asking to get damaged). The support was bent, the threaded connector torn out with the threads stripped, and worst of all the air tank dented by the bent support resulting in loss of integrity. Even if everything else were replaced/repaired that tank is no longer safe to use and could fail catastrophically.

This was today, bought off Amazon, not resolved the issue yet. Stupid seller asks ME to ship the thing back before issuing a refund. I don't think so. Told them to come pick it up or I will go through Amazon's A-Z guarantee and recover the cost that way.

That's such a shame, looks like a decent compressor too.

As for a retractable air hose, I got a decent one from MachineMart years ago, mounted it in the loft space of the previous garage. It weights a lot though!

Associate
That's such a shame, looks like a decent compressor too.

As for a retractable air hose, I got a decent one from MachineMart years ago, mounted it in the loft space of the previous garage. It weights a lot though!
It must have been dropped onto the critical end from some height - like 4-5ft off the back of a lorry. Whatever, it would have survived had the regulator not been attached. I've not given up on looking at retractable hoses but there are two issues; first is obviously size (I might be able to shoehorn one in next to the compressor) and the other is finding a decent quality one that doesn't leak and meets criteria (1)! Believe me I've looked at all options for placing it - including attaching to the ceiling. only need 15M length and probably could manage with 10M in a pinch.

Associate
This is the one I have and I would recommend it, just be sure to use pipe sealing cord on the threads and it doesn't leak. It has a nice ratchet so as long as you pull before the third click the hose doesn't retract, pull it past the clicks and away she goes.

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-15-metre-retractable-air-hose-reel-ca/
Yes that's a good one, chunky rubber hose is going to make it bulky though (and that's also the reason for the extra weight). I strongly suspect it would be too big for the space it would need to fit unfortunately, but I'll look for dimensions of it online to check. Thanks for the link!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
So, which controller is best?
The new Gamesir Kaleid and Kaleid Flux are wired XBOX licensed controllers that work on other platforms too, the EasySMX X10 is a wired (1000Hz) and wireless (250Hz) controller, so different beasts. I find the X10 has more refined feeling mechanical ABXY switches with slightly longer travel and tactility. Both sets of controllers have insanely accurate sticks and triggers though as well as mechanical D-Pads. There are bits I like more of each but overall the X10 feels more "pro" in use. I will use both here and in both wired and wireless modes. Latency is obviously better in wired mode.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Upgraded keyboard.

bTvB5ng.jpeg

"But murk, mister kay, mark, they're exactly the same?!" I hear you scream with confused tears in your eyes.

Old one is the MX Keys, new is the MX Keys S. Just like moving everything to USB-C, I've now moved everything onto the Logitech Bolt receiver system as I use multiple stuff between PC and work laptop environments, and Bolt is better suited to business anyway.

dHdeyoB.jpeg

Upshot is the S comes with a palmrest that I don't use as a palmrest but instead raise the front height to make the keyboard "flat" about 15mm off the desk lol.
@mrk Hitting you with the questions again, the misses is moaning about my MX keys mini being too small :D:confused: Amazon have a S and S Plus listed with a big price difference, as the master of product research do you know the difference? Cant see a plus model listed on Logitech's homepage.

Soldato
It must have been dropped onto the critical end from some height - like 4-5ft off the back of a lorry. Whatever, it would have survived had the regulator not been attached. I've not given up on looking at retractable hoses but there are two issues; first is obviously size (I might be able to shoehorn one in next to the compressor) and the other is finding a decent quality one that doesn't leak and meets criteria (1)! Believe me I've looked at all options for placing it - including attaching to the ceiling. only need 15M length and probably could manage with 10M in a pinch.

If you want high quality then have a look at Redashe... Can be pricey but is commercial grade equipment so will last a lifetime domestically

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
@mrk Hitting you with the questions again, the misses is moaning about my MX keys mini being too small :D:confused: Amazon have a S and S Plus listed with a big price difference, as the master of product research do you know the difference? Cant see a plus model listed on Logitech's homepage.

I didn't know about the Plus vs non-Plus version before but essentially the Plus comes with the posh palm rest that Logitech do sell on its own. I ended up selling the palm rest on MM as I don't use them lol.

Soldato
I've never really read books before... but now I'm rather getting into it, led by audiobooks. I'm really liking Michael Connelly, so bought a big collection and yesterday bought the three that were missing, to complete the set.

3CoCzu3.jpeg

Its annoying when publishers keep the same cover format but cant seem to keep the same dimensions :(

I used to do a lot of reading when I was a lot younger.... Getting back into it and starting with The Expanse (even though I have watched the TV adaptation). Currently about 1/3rd of the way through book 2 of 9 and really enjoying it. I have my eye on Red Rising after I finish the 9 Expanse books.

Back
Top Bottom