Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
@Martynt74 Is there an advantage for toe socks or is it just a comfort/preference type thing?

For me it really helps, i have a nerve issue on a nerve between my metatarsals and tight footwear makes it worse because it squishes my toes and reduces space for the nerve. With toe socks it helps spread to toes out and gives the nerve less compression, especially combined with toe spacers and wide toe box shoes.

I started wearing them during long running events to minimise blisters as there's no rubbing of skin between toes, but now wear them pretty much all the time.

Soldato
@Martynt74 Is there an advantage for toe socks or is it just a comfort/preference type thing?

I think this is his reason

smell-sock.gif

Associate
Soldato
I've never really read before, but I've been getting into more and more over the last two years. Initially just Audiobooks when I cycle, but now I've found some favourite authors, I even sit about the flat reading at times :eek: So, thought I'd better get myself an eReader.

XGj3bfG.jpeg

zSPFGz9.jpeg

How do modern e-readers compare to proper books? I am a little put off paying circa £100 for one and finding out I prefer physical books however I appreciate the convenience they provide over books.

Caporegime
How do modern e-readers compare to proper books? I am a little put off paying circa £100 for one and finding out I prefer physical books however I appreciate the convenience they provide over books.

I prefer physical books myself. But I'm not a big reader.

I've tried the Gfs ereader. But I just don't like it.

Part of it for me is reading is a break from technology.

Last edited:
Associate
Although I do like a real physical book I would say I now prefer an eReader, top benefits for me would be reading in poor light, whisper sync between devices, built in dictionary, note taking and just generally easier to transport around. The Kindle itself never leaves my bedside table I just use the app on my phone when out and about.

Last edited:
Soldato
As I've said a few times, I've never been a book person before, so a lot of this is new to me. Before I went on holiday this year I bought a bunch of books and took one with me. I thought it was great, reading a book doesn't feel antisocial like it would be to have headphones on perhaps. Then, getting the eReader, although it's a small screen, I love that it can store thousands of books to have with me whenever I want. It is a shame I can't swap between that and my phone... without some jiggery pokery, which I guess might be where the Kindle is handy. As mentioned, there is no problem reading as the light starts to fade either. (Just after buying myself a reading lamp that sits round my neck, I probably wont need that now.)

Pet Northerner
Don

I love books but love my e-reader more. I can carry all the books I have ready in a space less than a single book.

also although my eyes are fine, I much prefer being able to give myself a larger font to read, much more comfortable and I find I can read longer or get tired less quickly.

Soldato
The kindle screen looks like a bit of paper which was my problem with reading on a tablet. The glare was awful. I tend to read in bed when the lights are out as well, and having a backlight is really nice. I can lie on my side with the kindle proppped open and read in the dark.

It was a godsend for my wife when she was breastfeeding the kids because she could feed and read! :D

I took the entire jack reacher series on holiday with me and went through several of them plus a few Rebus novels, all in a few weeks. No luggage space taken up.

I still have books, but default to kindle. Wouldn’t be without one now.

Back
Top Bottom