Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

about time Lee :)
looks like a fresh development, lots of construction to look forward to.
same situation I bought in 11 years ago.
defo get a professional snagger.
pave/gravel the front garden bits for easier maintenance. put a small metal fence up so people don't cut across your garden.

Can't tell if it's the camera perspective or if none of them are aligned!

It's a new build in the North East so definitely the latter.

Anyway, good to see you finally putting those lottery winnings to good use Lee and getting away from the great unwashed. All you have to look forward to now is the pretentious Facebook estate group.

Last edited:
I completed a purchase of a house :cool:

1720684760.jpg

Hashtag notmygolf
Leicester?! My bro-in-law has a place in a new development, which looks very similar.

Get snagging! I found tons of build issues with his place, think the developer was good old Barrats.

Last edited:
We got a snagging company in last month, with 6 months left on our snagging. New garden drainage, new patio door and other bits mean I will be well in profit on the price of the snagging report. So I wouldn't do it on first move in, you'll notice a lot yourself anyway. Leave the property to settle and such and get the company in a bit later to make sure all the unseen things are logged.

We got a snagging company in last month, with 6 months left on our snagging. New garden drainage, new patio door and other bits mean I will be well in profit on the price of the snagging report. So I wouldn't do it on first move in, you'll notice a lot yourself anyway. Leave the property to settle and such and get the company in a bit later to make sure all the unseen things are logged.
How long will it take for them to put everything right? I bet it’s a massive battle and hassle.

How long will it take for them to put everything right? I bet it’s a massive battle and hassle.

For us, hopefully not too long. We keep track of every issue, when it was reported, when we chased about the issues etc. We then remind the developer on a regular basis.

My attitude is, so long as it has been reported, then they have to fix it even if it is outside of the 2 years of snagging.

Besides, my wife deals with it, and she's a pitbull about getting the work done.

Luckily, the issues we have are not that major. We got lucky for sure, and I cannot fault our interactions with our developer (CALA)

Last edited:
Not a fan of cubic houses myself. I like a lot of light so I prefer long houses to compact ones.

I lived in an old house with windows like that and loved the way the light was different during the day and during the seasons and the quirkiness of them.

I'm guessing Northumberland in the above photo and would imagine the larger windows take advantage of where the sun would mostly hit.

Last edited:
I'm coming up to 5 years on my new build and still trying to get repairs done from the original snagging. Part of the issue is when coming to do repairs on the snagging we found other issues behind the work when further investigating, but as they weren't reported on the original snagging report within 2 years they are refusing to fix them, but when they will have to fix them (structural) they're going to have to re-do all the work they are still due to complete on the snagging list. NHBC warranty is a waste of time as they should be covering it but won't because the builder is still messing about with the rest of the snagging.

I lived in an old house with windows like that and loved the way the light was different during the day and during the seasons and the quirkiness of them.

I'm guessing Northumberland in the above photo and would imagine the larger windows take advantage of where the sun would mostly hit.
I have a lot of plants and not having big windows makes it really difficult to get ones that are happy.

Would love a place with skylights!

Back
Top Bottom