Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Man of Honour
Haha, I'm not sure if you phrased that wrong or just heard it wrong, but no it did not exceed it's annual output target in five days. It has a set level it tries to stay under, and on the 5th Jan it temporarily went above it (due in part to the weather).

he read it right

A site on Brixton Road in south London surpassed hourly limits for nitrogen dioxide concentrations 24 times so far this year, breaking the European Union’s annual permitted limit of 18 breaches,

Man of Honour
Haha, I'm not sure if you phrased that wrong or just heard it wrong, but no it did not exceed it's annual output target in five days. It has a set level it tries to stay under, and on the 5th Jan it temporarily went above it (due in part to the weather).

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...ir-pollution-limit-for-2017-in-just-five-days

That reads to me that they have hourly limits which they aim not to breach more than 18 times over the year yet they'd crossed that 18 count by the 5th Jan.

Soldato
That reads to me that they have hourly limits which they aim not to breach more than 18 times over the year yet they'd crossed that 18 count by the 5th Jan.

Yeah like I said it was just a case of it going over the limit, they didn't surpass an entire annual emissions quota in a day like the article and the post I quoted implied.

Also when the sensationalist article says how it was breached 24 times, what it actually means is the level fluctuated above/on/below the limit for a bit on the day it went over. That's actually perfectly normal/expected for a breach.

It is sad to see a breach five days into the year but as the article says (despite their contextual slant) it will have to do it another 17 times this year for it to become worrying.

Man of Honour
Yeah like I said it was just a case of it going over the limit, they didn't surpass an entire annual emissions quota in a day like the article and the post I quoted implied.

Also when the sensationalist article says how it was breached 24 times, what it actually means is the level fluctuated above/on/below the limit for a bit on the day it went over. That's actually perfectly normal/expected for a breach.

It is sad to see a breach five days into the year but as the article says (despite their contextual slant) it will have to do it another 17 times this year for it to become worrying.

its already done it another 23 times, it has breached the years limit.

A site on Brixton Road in south London surpassed hourly limits for nitrogen dioxide concentrations 24 times so far this year, breaking the European Union’s annual permitted limit of 18 breaches,

Soldato
I got Mrs Tosno a nice upgrade from her T2 1.0 53 plate Yaris.

A 63 plate Icon 1.33 Yaris. The cassette player will be sorely missed :o but it has a parking sensors with a rear view camera that should stop any more cat C damage reversing into skips :D

-9YfKYiJHNk.jpg

Original plan was to get a Yeti but she could not get on with it's gear box.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got a few more Afremov paintings - my walls are pretty bare still so I wanted some inexpensive but reasonable art work to make things more interesting.

Pictures taken in the kitchen because lighting is better :)

kaZ5Aoeh.jpg

0kyU1Coh.jpg

97e0ORhh.jpg

35HeGbOh.jpg

Man of Honour
Not usually one for the sprays but that one is lovely. Good choice on your wife's part!

Yes it really is lovely. I genuinely adore it and would love it even if no-one else did. But in the short time I've worn it I've already had several unsolicited compliments. Despite the cost I can see me buying it again when this runs out.

Soldato
Prints or originals? Nice.

They use real oil paint, painted with a palette knife.

They are not "originals" though, more "copies of originals". But they are not prints, there is real paint texture on them.

I like those hippos, nice. Colourful but not garish and quite a nice technique.

At least he got the masts central this time :p

Haha yeah, I still really like the other one I had even with the non-central masts.

The style is fairly loose so you can get away with it not looking 100% spot on.

Where from, HungryHippos?

Nice paintings, where you buy them from?

They are from https://afremov.com/ - they are shipped over from Mexico, I estimate from order placement to receiving them at about 3~ weeks.

Don't be put off by the fact that everything is on sale all the time, it's a see through tactic but the artwork is, honestly, unlikely to sell much at the expensive RRP's listed, it's good quality for reasonable pricing, and that's a fair assessment. I enjoy the style and the colours used, without needing to validate there is any resale value for later.

I picked the option on mine to be canvas wrapped (adds a bit of cost). I also then had to pay a bit more for shipping internationally, as it's only free if you don't get the canvases wrapped.

I estimate the cost for each of mine to be around £125 - £150 each time I've bought one. I had to pay some duty to Fedex last time I had 2, which was around £40, they also wanted £12 "fees" but I got them to cancel that off as it was just one of their random fees not to do with paying import tax/duty.

Soldato
A cold smoking kit with some dusts. This little unit will give 10 hours smoke generation. I'm going to be cold smoking some bacon I made the other week, plus I'm going to smoke some cheese as well. I'm going to use my Weber BBQ as a smoking chamber. Happy days :)

Back
Top Bottom