Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Jaybird X3.

JaybirdX3_whole.jpg

Got fed up of waiting for the UK release, so ended up importing them.

Rather impressive I have to say.

Associate
The turntable is a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB. I was about to get the Debut Carbon, but I knew that I will often play singles. The thought of having to lift off the platter and then move the drive belt to the 45rpm gear would quickly drive me insane. The Esprit has a built in speed controller at a push of a button.

Can confirm it gets very annoying.

I got one of these; http://www.richersounds.com/product/turntables/project/elemental/proj-elem-sil

Having to change the RPM is extremely annoying and can be very fiddly. Hindsight is a wonderful thing :(

Caporegime
I've decided to head back to the analog world. It already feels better than clicking play.

I honestly can't say I've ever heard vinyl sound this good. I have a few upgrades planned to the setup over the coming weeks, but it already sounds beautiful.

Don't own any vinyl but I have to say that looks damn cool :cool:

Associate
It's been an expensive month for the kitchen

Kitchen Aid is top quality gear we have the lot in our kitchen. The Sage saga group will have a hissy fit with the prices though! :D

How much was the range if you don't mind? we're looking to get rid of our large electric AGA for something gas powered.

Associate
Jaybird X3.

Got fed up of waiting for the UK release, so ended up importing them.

Rather impressive I have to say.

funnily enough I sent them a tweet last week asking about the UK release, was told to be patient and more coming soon.
Received another tweet yesterday saying they're available in the UK now!!

Was close to buying the Bose pair but they look massive in the ear so will be getting the X3s very soon

Edit: Argh!!! Blackout already sold out!!

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
If I had a dedicated music listening room then I’d have a vinyl player just to play some music.

This would last a week before I’d get sick and tired of the faff involved with listening to Vinyl, changing tracks, putting on a record, putting it back into the sleeve… Etc.

I’d then fire up wifi play and network stream flacs from my then lazy slouched seating position and sigh in relief at such a first world problem.

Man of Honour
The vinyl hipster / OAP crew will say anything to try and justify it over a FLAC :D

Absolutely but over FLAC through a DAC/DAP - I've personally never experienced hearing music that good.

I had no problems back in the late 60s to 80s walking to my record player and lifting the needle to the next decent track and neither did my friends. In the 80s I had a record player that scanned the vinyl and you could program it to play the tracks you wanted.

Back
Top Bottom