Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Associate
My Plex server uses a i3-4130 2C4T, and it smashes through real time transcoding like no ones business, only issue i have with mine is when it comes to 1:1 4K Blu Ray, i needs a couple of minutes to buffer the transcode after that its flawless!

Soldato
I have a good blu-ray player and a good TV, so disc will always be the option for me. Plus it's far superior quality to that of a streamed rip - I prefer to watch my films at the full bitrate.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a good blu-ray player and a good TV, so disc will always be the option for me. Plus it's far superior quality to that of a streamed rip - I prefer to watch my films at the full bitrate.

These days I just rip bluray 1:1 in makemkv and stream them to a player that can handle it (htpc for exanple).

Caporegime
These days I just rip bluray 1:1 in makemkv and stream them to a player that can handle it (htpc for exanple).

Just imagine how much plastic and pointless packaging would be saved if we moved to a steam based bluray model.

Instead of games, you buy the bluray and download it

50gb is no biggy these days to download.

Soldato
Just imagine how much plastic and pointless packaging would be saved if we moved to a steam based bluray model.

Instead of games, you buy the bluray and download it

50gb is no biggy these days to download.

For you mabye...would take me a day or two to download....and I would be able to do NOTHING all day while its download without cutting the speed in half.
Also large capacity hard drives are expensive and can die at any time taking your collection with them. (I don't buy blu rays new, I pay maximum £2).

I have a mix of blu rays and digital copy's on two 5TB drives.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom