Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
Sky Q Installed today. Now watching The Martian in Ultra HD (10 bit) on my 55" KS8000 and it's awesome. The mini box is idle in it's box while we debate where to put it. Made easier since it's wireless. No physical connection to the dish or main box required.

The PS4 Pro has a worthy companion at last :)

IMG_2242.jpg

Soldato
Sky Q Installed today. Now watching The Martian in Ultra HD (10 bit) on my 55" KS8000 and it's awesome. The mini box is idle in it's box while we debate where to put it. Made easier since it's wireless. No physical connection to the dish or main box required.

The PS4 Pro has a worthy companion at last :)

Your pic shows off the most annoying thing about the Q box, the LED with the same brightness as the sun. I had to buy light dim stickers from Amazon as it was so distracting while watching something in a dimly lit room. Can't believe they've not brought out an update to dim it.

Soldato
Your pic shows off the most annoying thing about the Q box, the LED with the same brightness as the sun. I had to buy light dim stickers from Amazon as it was so distracting while watching something in a dimly lit room. Can't believe they've not brought out an update to dim it.

Yeah I'll grant you, it is a bit bright! However, what's more annoying, the PS4 randomly drops off the Internet while playing BF1 multiplayer since Q came along.

Been doing a little reading and it's a bit of an issue. Just switched the Sky box to wired. Hopefully that will stop the apparent conflict.

Still loving the movies though :)

Associate
This is actually being used for backing up. I've got 24TB of media and have decided to back up some of the Blu Rays that would be a complete pain to re-rip if they were lost, mainly TV shows that are spread over many discs. Critical data is already in the cloud.

Soldato
Yeah I'll grant you, it is a bit bright! However, what's more annoying, the PS4 randomly drops off the Internet while playing BF1 multiplayer since Q came along.

Been doing a little reading and it's a bit of an issue. Just switched the Sky box to wired. Hopefully that will stop the apparent conflict.

Still loving the movies though :)

Try changing the channel on your wireless network as the Q box creates its own 5Ghz network for multiroom, might be causing conflict.

Sky Q thread with useful info here:
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18703067

But yeah I need to dim that light, burns your retinas watching in a dark room :o

Soldato
Every single thing that has a light on has black electrical tape covering it.
I can't stand lights from stuff when I'm watching something in a dark room.

Soldato
Good and bad point really. It's quieter than i expected and it's done a decent enough job but it did miss quite a few bits before deciding it was finished and going back on it's dock.

There's a big thread in the Home and Garden section which is worth a read.

Having bought this i think i'd be tempted to get the Roomba 886 instead, it's about the same price but being round i think it would get stuck less under chair legs.

Associate
Yeah, need more grunt to do multiple Transcodes. This is a typical work load:
88102c5fc2.png

The CPU was maxed the whole time, started to get hot as well. They are all loseless copies of discs that I own so the transcoder has to work extra hard. Also, the cost to transcode 4K down to a crap version to display on a Roku/AFTV is massive so you need to make sure you have plenty of CPU available. This is why the Synology NAS, while a great all in one solution are not suitable for a proper Plex server.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom