Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Caporegime
Yeah, need more grunt to do multiple Transcodes. This is a typical work load:

The CPU was maxed the whole time, started to get hot as well. They are all loseless copies of discs that I own so the transcoder has to work extra hard. Also, the cost to transcode 4K down to a crap version to display on a Roku/AFTV is massive so you need to make sure you have plenty of CPU available. This is why the Synology NAS, while a great all in one solution are not suitable for a proper Plex server.

Fine if you only have one tv like us :)

Soldato
A new sword, this time a Frenchie and probably dating from 1830 to 1848.

JkOpmnOl.jpg
58ACdubl.jpg

Full details for anyone interested: the heavily etched blade (sadly now over-polished) features floral patterns, the French rooster and stacked trophies of arms on the reverse. Montmorency-style blade has Garde Nationale on the obverse. This is basically the French army's light infantry model of 1821, a very elegant and nimble blade, this one with an unusually sharp edge and point to it. The hilt is gilt brass and retains small sections of gold, the grip is leather wrapped over cord and a wooden core around the tang. It would have had brass twist wire in the recesses, originally.

Last edited:
Soldato
to be fair, i think you're an extreme example :D

If he had better clients he could probably get them to direct stream.

All the TVs in my house are Samsung as I know they all have decent PLEX app and our able to direct stream 1080p with no problem, hardly any CPU usage on my Xpenlogy NAS.

I've always found Chromecast and Amazon TVs very picky and always end up transcoding.

Associate
No idea I'm using an i3 6100 on my media server with Plex and it streams to all the devices I use perfectly fine although it's being used less now I'm going to Apple movies.

If you try to perform multiple streams(5/6) from a source that is 1080p loseless and transcode both the audio and video you will see performance issues. My 4K collection is growing and the demands for 4K transcoding is huge when required.

If he had better clients he could probably get them to direct stream.

All the TVs in my house are Samsung as I know they all have decent PLEX app and our able to direct stream 1080p with no problem, hardly any CPU usage on my Xpenlogy NAS.

I've always found Chromecast and Amazon TVs very picky and always end up transcoding.

My clients I use in the house are a 55B6 OLED in the lounge and a 49UH770 in the bedroom, both of them direct play. All the devices that require transcoding are owned by friends and family. They would always need transcoding as my upload speed cannot support 5 x 20-30mbps streams. I force them to 720p 4mbps.

Back
Top Bottom