Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
tatts;30491738 said:
I also looked at this one as I like Panasonic TV's but I decided on the sony after seeing reports of motion blur and lack of upscaling.

I read on forums a couple of people with motion blur issues with sd content but I've not noticed a single issue, I'm obviously a fussy git as well having gone through a few tv's before this one. I do almost exclusively watch 4k content with the odd standard blu-ray though.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
SpartaK;30488707 said:
They are easily comparable to the Shure SE535's I had, and I did not expect that at a 1/3 of the price!

Very comfortable to wear, at times you forget you even have them on. EQ can be customised via the Jaybird app which is a huge bonus.

Sound quality is just great, bluetooth audio has come a long long way.

That's the feedback I was looking for as I use SE535's as my daily earphones.

Excellent stuff, ill get some ordered. Thank you. :D

Soldato
Craig321;30491553 said:
Will the Pi3 play 4k?

I still have the original Pi running Kodi which streams from my NAS. Fine for up to 1080p, but won't do anything more.

There is little point *imo* right now of worrying about 4K rips.

No one has cracked the UHD copy protection yet so you can't rip your own.

The ones on the internet were just captured with an HD-Fury or similar, and lack HDR or anything.

The 4K by itself is not that much better than a good 1080p source, and is far larger in file size.

Even if it could play 4K it's not high on my list of priorities right now. The Nvidia shield definitely can though.

Tephnos;30491826 said:
I always want a Pi3 but never know what I'd do with the damned thing...

Good to have a specific use case in mind when getting it.

I use one for Rasplex: http://www.rasplex.com/

The other will be for pi-hole: https://pi-hole.net/

I've heard lots of people talking about retro-pi as well, though not looked into it much myself.

I'm sure there are other uses for it beyond these.

Soldato
Forum mod;30488934 said:
Interesting watching you guys mock someone for spending £60 on an HDMI cable. I remember my first full HD TV, bought from Comet. The salesman was a lovely chap who said that in order to enjoy my PS3 at its fullest I'd need a quality cable.

Quality cable you say?

Yes. £90 worth of Monster Cable.

Facepalm.jpg

On a more positive note, it's still working and is currently giving my monitor a signal, and it's taken a battering. I've ruined at least 15 other cheapos since then so who knows. I'll get back to you in another 10 years time :p

It's sad in reality, people bashing others for what they spend their OWN money on.

Commissario
Grabbed a little 2.5" HDD caddy to slap a drive in that I'm using for a NextCloud server on a Pi3 I'm experimenting with.

enclosure-20170211-132741.jpg

Love the *ahem* English.

"Extremely Storage System"

Man of Honour
Forum mod;30488934 said:
Interesting watching you guys mock someone for spending £60 on an HDMI cable. I remember my first full HD TV, bought from Comet. The salesman was a lovely chap who said that in order to enjoy my PS3 at its fullest I'd need a quality cable.
Quality cable you say?
Yes. £90 worth of Monster Cable.

I told this story many moons ago on here but worth another telling.
I was in Currys in Fenton, Stoke and they had a dual display on the wall showing the difference between an expensive HDMI and cheap HDMI cable, afaik this was on display in every Currys.
I wasn't convinced so asked my wife for her compact mirror so I could look up behind the TV and lo & behold the poor signal was coming from a SCART cable :eek:
I called an assistant over who tried to fob me off then called for the Manager.

Soldato
It's very nice, forget the cheaper generic boxes. I only use it for KODI but it plays my super high bitrate 4k files perfectly! worth noting that it doesn't do HDR though, they have a new box coming this year which will.

Back
Top Bottom