Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Caporegime
Those new pound coins look awful. Almost as if they were supposed to be round but were made in a poverty coin cutting machine. They remind me of circles in computer games. It's like they asked Michael J. Fox to cut out a circle and thought "that'll do". I don't like them.

Tea Drinker
Don
Indeed! I've been meaning to flesh out my sword collection by getting some of the things British officers would carry into combat alongside their sword. This is only a pocket pinfire, but it's a start! Do you have any of the type?

Not pinfire no only centre fire rifles as antiques firearms. Nicest one being the Scmidt-Rubin. One day if have the inclination I would like to put them on FAC and fire them but that's for another day :)

Soldato
Those new pound coins look awful. Almost as if they were supposed to be round but were made in a poverty coin cutting machine. They remind me of circles in computer games. It's like they asked Michael J. Fox to cut out a circle and thought "that'll do". I don't like them.
It is based on an old British coin so maybe you are right there. The real reason is anti fraud as pound coins are the most counterfeit currency out there and apparently the new design is much harder to fake, its bi-metallic also which is not so easy either. Im thinking it looks better up close, request for more photos pls.

Caporegime
It is based on an old British coin so maybe you are right there. The real reason is anti fraud as pound coins are the most counterfeit currency out there and apparently the new design is much harder to fake, its bi-metallic also which is not so easy either. Im thinking it looks better up close, request for more photos pls

when do they come into circulation? Not seen any as of yet?

Soldato
Picked up a new monitor triple stand :D

DSC_0006_1.jpg

D3K

D3K

Soldato

In a world where everything is shifting to digital currency, the UK produces a new coin style. /care

Really, what's the point in this? Especially the "security". People only carry coins for tolls / parking / vending machines so these will need to be compatible with all the existing machines. Faking the old style will still be very relevant.

Man of Honour
In a world where everything is shifting to digital currency, the UK produces a new coin style. /care

Really, what's the point in this? Especially the "security". People only carry coins for tolls / parking / vending machines so these will need to be compatible with all the existing machines. Faking the old style will still be very relevant.

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/Pages/about/stats.aspx#1

The amount of physical currency in circulation in the UK has been steadily going up over the last decade at least. Also the machines only have to be backwards compatible for a few months until the old coins become worthless.

Soldato
Nice, hope you have a great time, been to a ball game before ?

Sorry missed this reply. This is my first time to a ball game, decided on cheap seats for that reason, that way if I don't enjoy it I havent spent a lot. Am really looking forward to it and as it is the penultimate day of my trip to NY it will be nice to have a bit of a rest :)

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom