Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Associate
Yes they are, one of my friends just got a job doing just this.

For most things it'll just be replacing the coin mech, still lots of work doing it to every coin operated machine in the country.

Having to go through this at work currently, the combination of the new pound coin and fiver are costing my employer a few grand. And that is just the mechs/acceptors we don't have the software to reprogram.

Commissario
Are you saying that every single machine in the UK needs to be upgraded to accommodate the new coins?
It happens every time they update the currency, it's part of the reason the BOE announce it (usually) a year or more in advance, so that the mechanisms can be updated during routine servicing and new machines equipped from the outset.

I think modern coin mechanisms can be fairly complicated and work via not just shape, but weight and magnetic signature of the coin, which means some models can be reprogrammed/reconfigured to recognise the new coinage (I suspect the ides is also to let them use the same basic mechanism in multiple countries with minimal changes).

It's worth baring in mind that the cost of these updates are often offset by the drop in fake coinage taken in, something that I suspect with be especially true with the £1 coins given how many of them are meant to be fakes.

Suspended
I actually watched a news snippet on it a little while back. There's normally a couple of spare 'channels' in the machines that need to be activated. However yeah, every single one needs to be modified.

Soldato
Sorry missed this reply. This is my first time to a ball game, decided on cheap seats for that reason, that way if I don't enjoy it I havent spent a lot. Am really looking forward to it and as it is the penultimate day of my trip to NY it will be nice to have a bit of a rest :)

Hope you have a great time, I saw my first ever Yankees game last September against the Red Sox, was a slow game 0-0 all the way until the 8th inning, Yankees ended up winning 5-3 with a home run to end it.

Permabanned
It is based on an old British coin so maybe you are right there. The real reason is anti fraud as pound coins are the most counterfeit currency out there and apparently the new design is much harder to fake, its bi-metallic also which is not so easy either. Im thinking it looks better up close, request for more photos pls.

I have a pap camera sorry. These are issued from the Mint. 100% real production. I have them to calibrate a lot of machines. Have the new Polymer £10 cant show this yet. The new coin will be issued soon. They are not yet in circulation.

Soldato
Inside scoop, awesome thanks :) I once broke down outside the Royal Mint and didnt realise thats what the road was. Had a nice security guard stroll out just to check it wasnt some kind of setup I guess, nope just my old austin wanting to make tea and blow steam not go forward. I was nowhere near any cameras or line of sight of any building, but they knew I was there somehow. I guess they got some good security setup

Soldato
Bought some wood and brackets to make a rack for my airsoft guns.
I was running out of space in the under stairs cupboard.

gr2.jpg

Much more organized now :D
gr1.jpg

gr3.jpg

gr4.jpg

gr5.jpg

Suspended
Inside scoop, awesome thanks :) I once broke down outside the Royal Mint and didnt realise thats what the road was. Had a nice security guard stroll out just to check it wasnt some kind of setup I guess, nope just my old austin wanting to make tea and blow steam not go forward. I was nowhere near any cameras or line of sight of any building, but they knew I was there somehow. I guess they got some good security setup
A family acquaintance can go one better, he got sacked by them. Had the easiest job in the world. Every so often all he had to do was press a button to indicate that they weren't being robbed or held hostage. Basically to show everything was ok. He failed at that. Multiple times.

Wouldn't care, he was getting paid a fair whack as well!

Soldato
New Vanquest EDCM HUSKY 2.0 tool pouch to replace my washbag, couple cheap slimline multi-tip screwdrivers and a Gerber Suspension Multi-tool

Not the final layout, might take out the massive screwdriver set on the left as it wastes a lot of space.

16908255_1303883523005447_4950856785473830912_n.jpg

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom