Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Commissario
I bought my first videocard upgrade in 3 years, and some anime stuff.

gfx2017.jpg

I'm not normally a big pop vinyl fan, but the Cowboy Bebop crew were a must :) (a shame they don't do an Ein to round it off). Trust Faye to get the haribo:p
I also picked up the new Full Metal Panic box set, which varies from quite serious to very funny (especially the second season which is almost all comedy).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hehe, I'm tempted. It's amazing though, it's exactly like cherry bakewell, I don't know how they do it. I've got their marshmallow one, that's very good, the banana one which smells like those foam candies, and I've got their fruit chews one which smells just like those fruit salad sweets I used to eat as a kid. :D
I had to stop using these sort of shower gels or else I'd end up ravenous during my morning shower before I'd had breakfast :o

Hitman
Soldato
ccUEORi.jpg

Ubiquiti AC-PRO to replace the Netgear X4S D7800 and booster. The WiFi was often dropping and signal generally poor for our 3-storey new build house no matter where you were. The Ubiquiti really is amazing - full signal and speed all over the house and I can even get a decent signal 2 houses down either side of our house!

TrqA4B1.jpg

My Tado order finally got delivered yesterday after a few weeks of delay. Opted for Tado rather than Nest/Hive due to the simplicity of it and the need to only have one extension box (picture above) for 2 zones. I've never dabbled in electrics before but it was more or less a straight swap for the system the builders put in originally which was TP9000 / TS2 (Zone 1) and TP5000 Si (Zone 2). Was a doddle to set up and will be interesting to see the drop in gas usage now the times and temperatures are properly set up.

Don
I have an old house with thick walls, do you think this will supply the whole house then? I currently have around 5 homeplug AP's around the house but would like to consolidate if possible. Is it just a case of sitting it in the middle of the house and it should feed connectivity to each room?

Also how is it powered? POE injector?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I have an old house with thick walls, do you think this will supply the whole house then? I currently have around 5 homeplug AP's around the house but would like to consolidate if possible. Is it just a case of sitting it in the middle of the house and it should feed connectivity to each room?

Also how is it powered? POE injector?

POE either by injector or your router/switch

they have various models. for thick walls get the long range model, it's not as fast but as you can guess it's built for range not speed.

you can also run more than 1, just wire them back to your switch/router. so put 1 upstairs and then 1 downstairs. i'm planning on sticking one in the upstairs landing, then later on one in the downstairs kitchen to feed the garden as well as downstairs, etc.

Commissario
Couple of pieces of breadboard from Maplin. I was struggling with a really cheap rubbish one I got from Bitsbox but found I was spending more time making sure the connections were good than actually doing anything else.

Threw an LED flasher with a 3909 on to check - No problems at all, much better. The old one has gone in the bin.

IbFKZQQ.jpeg

Soldato
351ua6t.jpg

6e41fk.jpg

Keycaps for the Masterkeys.

I thought all your PCs were watercooled?

I'll probably get a 1080ti and wont buy a block for a while, i'm using an external radiator setup just now and although it's not a mess to look at i just don't like having a radiator on the desk very much.

I have to question the logic of buying a cooler designed for aesthetics > performance, then replacing the cool looking fan with a bland higher performing one, surely the end result is the worst of both worlds?

I've got the thicker version ordered https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cryorig-xf140-140mm-diameter-26mm-thick-pwm-fan-hs-00c-cy.html the one that it comes with is only 13mm thick.

Last edited:
Soldato
as it was on sale and 'ending soon' we picked up a new LaZBoy sofa from SCS

amazingly the sofa has finished the sale price and gone up over £300 (or was for a few moments when i looked im guessing and likely back on sale).

other side note is the salesman was so toxic we went everywhere else to find a better sofa but we couldn't find one we liked more

and although it was delivered a couple of weeks back i got myself my "dad chair" as i prefer a chair to a sofa and wanted one i could swivel so i can talk and watch TV/Game.

the carpet, wall finish and a coffee table are also new as we have just redecorated our living room but i forgot and now cant be bothered to talk photos if im honest

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom