Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Man of Honour
E22EDCAB-29F9-40F4-AFE9-A3533A57B22C_zps7czersgi.jpg

New coffee machine. Nespresso this is not. Already gone through most of a bag of semi-fresh beans just dialling it in. Not quite there yet. Then I need to work on my milk frothing. I scalded the first couple of goes.

My perfect flat white is there somewhere though.

What's this one known as? Might look into getting one :)

Soldato
JOEcdSQ.jpg

New PC case.

Actually bought it in January, but just finished the watercooling etc..

Looks a high grade case, but it hurts my eyes :p

I guess it's a bit of a marmite look :)

I prefer the more minimalistic look. Can't find anything i like these days to be honest. They all seem a little garish for my old fashioned tastes. Which is why i am still stuck with my old tj09.

Associate
What's this one known as? Might look into getting one :)

Sage Barista Express - known as Breville Barista Express outside of the UK. Price is £550 pretty much everywhere. John Lewis throw in the milk jug with temp gauge.

Take a look at this - it is their sales video but gives you an idea of whether it is for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSpA8Ojp-gU

V F

V F

Soldato
I prefer the more minimalistic look. Can't find anything i like these days to be honest. They all seem a little garish for my old fashioned tastes. Which is why i am still stuck with my old tj09.

Felt that way myself. Everything is horribly 2003 and garrish plastic. LED bling bling is making a comeback as well looking like Joel Schumacher Batman.

Caporegime
To balance things, I got a SP3 when it first came out, still using it to this day and nothing comes close to its versatility.
Can't fault my i5 Surface Pro 4 either really. Not sure I would be buying now though unless desperate for it given all the rumours of a Spring 2017 release for the 5.

Soldato
My current PC is from 2010 so looking forward to the new build.
i7 930 -> i7 7700k
6GB RAM -> 16GB RAM
XFX HD5870 -> GTX980 8PACK -> (Eventually GTX1080Ti FTW3)
HDD -> NVMe SSD
Should be a decent upgrade. ¬_¬

WdwlPR0h.jpg

Associate
Just because I refuse to buy into Apple world - i5, 256Gb Harddrive, 8Gb ram Surface Pro 4

20170315_131318.jpg
20170315_131322.jpg

If you genuinely are interested in alternatives whilst you are still returnable I would recommend looking at the 7th Gen Stylus enabled HP Spectre X360

Formfactor of a Mac Book and more
7gen CP and graphics
Non proprietary and higher ability thunderbolt ports vs MS proprietaty ports
Same pen and screen technology as Surface

I got mine 2 days ago and although i bought the wrong type type c dock (sending back for alternative) I'm very happy with it.

Associate
Nifty little PC. Will be replacing my existing pfSense box with it once I get it configured.

IMG_0244.jpg

I know i'm a bit late to the party with this but i'm currently looking at trying to beef up security (just purchased a months vpn to try out from P.I.A as a start) and was wondering if something like this could be configured as having 1 wan port connected to my openreach modem then use 2 of the lan ports for 2 seperate wireless routers? I know this may sound a bit silly but i'm just getting into IoT (botnet of things) stuff with the Philips Hue bulbs and would like to keep it seperated from some of my devices which get used for internet banking and the usual buying tat online etc. I did see something mentioned in a Youtube vid about a 3 router solution (1 into modem then the remaining 2 go into the first router) but this seems like it may be a neater/cooler solution.

Back
Top Bottom