Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Man of Honour
I'm in two minds about big games like that - their complexity makes them interesting but also the need to manually process the rules takes away from getting to and enjoying the dynamics and skill of the game. I actually think simpler games are better - catan being an obvious choice (but man can it be frustrating if you have a "bad catan").

Also I hate having to research the meaning of equivocal rules!!! Hurrrgh!

There is a really good bluffing card game called 'skull' that I'd deffo recommend for playing with friends.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
E22EDCAB-29F9-40F4-AFE9-A3533A57B22C_zps7czersgi.jpg

New coffee machine. Nespresso this is not. Already gone through most of a bag of semi-fresh beans just dialling it in. Not quite there yet. Then I need to work on my milk frothing. I scalded the first couple of goes.

My perfect flat white is there somewhere though.

Keep us updated with how you get on with this pls and a mini review of possible. I literally posted about this machine on the weekend in the How to Make an Espresso thread. It's such an impressive piece of kit and its a lot smaller than it looks. It's strong contender for my next machine!

Associate
^ What is all dis? Looks interesting

A Joule Thief ... LEDs won't work of a voltage under 3 volts, but when you turn a transistor on with a 1.5 volt battery, you get a spike of 3 volts before it drops back to 1.5 volts, add in a ferrite bead and you can have a resonating circuit and you can turn an transistor on and off at 40000Hz .. so you can get 3 volts out of a single 1.5 volt battery. Joule Thiefs also work long after a battery in dead, meaning you can run an LED for months off a dead battery, one bloke I read about had over a year.

Soldato
I'm in two minds about big games like that - their complexity makes them interesting but also the need to manually process the rules takes away from getting to and enjoying the dynamics and skill of the game. I actually think simpler games are better - catan being an obvious choice (but man can it be frustrating if you have a "bad catan").

Also I hate having to research the meaning of equivocal rules!!! Hurrrgh!

There is a really good bluffing card game called 'skull' that I'd deffo recommend for playing with friends.

I know what you mean but I have had my eye on the game for a while and it looks like it would be rewarding to play.

Unpopular opinion maybe but I was not a fan of skull at all. Much preferred sushi go, love letter, guillotine for quick games that are fun.

The game looks similar to Agricola? How does it compare?

It's heralded as Agricola 2.0, if you can believe it people say it's easier to play!

Man of Honour
:(

What was wrong with it then? I have two weeks to send this back............
This is what I wrote in the Surface thread.

Well it's been 6+ months or so with my Surface, and well, I'm not overly happy with it. Here's my main reasons why.

• It's not a great laptop as the type cover is flimsy and the track pad isn't nice to use. Which wouldn't be so bad if...
  • ...it was a good tablet. But it's not. You just can't pick it up and use it like an iPad.
  • Still having issues with power/sleep. Such as not waking up from sleep.

I think I'll be keeping it till the new MacBook Pro's come out and grab one of them. Having a larger screen iPhone kind of negates the tablet requirement, saying that I do miss my iPad somewhat. Yeah, I get that I'd have to spend a lot to get where I was, but the truth is I can see the Surface getting sold soon.

I replaced it with a MacBook 12" and I couldn't be happier. The only thing I miss is the performance of the Surface as the MacBook can be a bit slow at times. I'll be replacing it with a MacBook Pro in a few months once there's news on Kabylake.

Soldato
Bought this 7870 to replace my broken 6950 from a nice person from the members market.

Tried a few games already and it's amazing, I finally got 50-60 FPS stable at 3600x1920 in Planetside 2 in 96vs96 fights. Need to play more but that's great.

Also the temps and noise is so low compared to the older card, not bad for £40. I do plan to replace it with a RX480 or better in April but for now, it do, least I can get my three monitors working again. :)

AMD7870.jpg

Upgraded from a Q6600 system to a i5-760 after Christmas for £100, again buying it here. Might not be newest thing around, but it's made games playable now like Space Hulk - Deathwing at 40-50 FPS on Ultra.

Can play 4k videos without skipping. lol

newpc2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom